Quail Eggs, Avocado and Crispy Bacon
This is a simple recipe to create a delicious starter, brunch, lunch or supper. The amounts shown are for four servings, just increase as required for more.
- 12 Quail Eggs
- 4 Large Bacon Rashers
- 1 Avocado
- Mixed Lettuce
- Boil the quail eggs for 4 minutes. Peel and cut into quarters. Put to one side to cool.
- Grill the bacon until it is crisp (not burnt!) and chop roughly.
- Peel the avocado, cut in half and carefully remove the stone. Cut lengthways into thin slices.
- Shred the mixed lettuce and place in the centre of 4 serving plates.
- Arrange the slices of avocado in a fan shape on the bed of lettuce.
- Place pieces of quail egg at the base of the avocado fan and sprinkle with peices of crispy bacon. Serve with your own choice of dressing if required.