Quick & Easy Fish Pie Recipe
This fish pie recipe is written to serve two, so just double it for four!
- Two frozen fish portions, in sauce or not (it's up to you!) - cooked as per the packet. You can use any type of white fish, or even a mix of fish and prawns if you like a selection of seafood in your pie
- 1Kg potatoes, mashed*
- Half a mug of frozen peas, top up the mug with boiling water for 2 minutes to defrost them: pour boiling water in, stir, strain and top up again. Strain the peas to use them in this recipe.
- Packet of white sauce (or you can microwave yourself some white sauce from my quick white sauce recipe: http://hubpages.com/hub/5-Minute-Microwave-White-Sauce--Microwave-Cheese-Sauce)
- 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced thinly
*To quickly make mash, boil a kettle and thinly slice the potatoes, put the potatoes into boiling water and continue to boil for about 12 minutes. Strain and mash.
Quick & Easy Fish Pie Method
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/375°F
- Grease a casserole dish and place one portion of the cooked and broken up fish pieces in the bottom (along with the sauce.
- Place a layer of mashed potato on top.
- Break up the second fish portion. with sauce, and place it on top.
- Tip the peas and egg slices on top.
- Pour on a layer of white sauce.
- Top with the remaining mashed potato
- Place in the middle of a pre-heated oven and bake for 20-30 minutes until the top's browned.
Here are some serving suggestions:
- You can eat this on its own
- You can serve it with a side portion of peas or sweetcorn. Perhaps even a tin of tomatoes.
- Try putting some grated cheese on the top before you place the fish pie in the oven.
- Slice tomatoes onto the top before baking the fish pie
Variations & Alternatives
Here are a couple of alternatives to get you thinking about how you can enjoy this more:
- You can use tuna, straight out of the can, instead of fish portions.
- Don't skimp on the fish portions if you like a lot of fish - go mad and have two portions per person
This recipe is really what YOU make of it - adjust the ingredients and quantities to suit your mood and the occasion.
This fish pie is a great family meal, or winter warmer!
More by this Author
I love this cheap, quick and easy microwave flapjack recipe. It produces soft, moist flapjacks in under 10 minutes (plus the cooling/setting time) with a minimum of effort and mess!
A one pot lasagna recipe, easily adapted to suit all tastes. Easy, quick, tasty - keep it to yourself or share with family and friends. A one pan wonder for less washing up!
Do you ever ask yourself, "Why is my house so damp?" Every house can suffer from moisture problems for many reasons, but here are some things that will work to get rid of damp once and for all.