Quick & Easy Sunshine Summer Salad Recipe
Fresh, Quick & Easy for Summer!
This recipe is for a really simple, yet delicious salad that is great as a lunch entree or as a side salad for a summer night. It's great for entertaining as it is bright, colorful and vibrant. Try this recipe at your next gathering to really impress your guests!
Sunshine Carrot Salad
This recipe serves about 6 people.
- 2 cups of grated carrots
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (fresh is best! used canned pineapple, if not available)
- 1 cup of madarin oranges or tangerine sections
- 1/4 cup of dried raisins
- 1/4 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of grated coconut
- 1/2 cup of toasted sunflower seeds
- 4 tablespoons of low-fat or fat-free plain yogurt
- Simply mix all the ingredients together.
- Serve salad mixture over a bed of freshly washed & crisp green lettuce leaves.
- If you're making this salad for a large group and it will be served buffet style, simply toss the salad mixture with 6 cups of lettuce immediately before serving so the leaves will not wilt.
- This salad is also really good with grilled chicken breast or even grilled tilapia fish.
- Use spinach instead of lettuce for an extra iron boost!
- For an even sweeter salad, mix 1 tablespoon of honey with the salad mixture, prior to serving.
More by this Author
Within 45 minutes, you could be eating delicious and easy to make cream puffs! This recipe is super easy, super quick (just 30 minutes required to bake and just 10-15 to preparation time). Dazzle your dinner guests or...
I am a huge frozen dinner fan. Would I prefer to eat them opposed to normal, freshly cooked meals? No, way. However, they are wonderful if you are in a pinch and there are some pretty healthy options out there. Frozen...
I started looking into electrolysis when I was 17 or 18. I used to have very unruly eyebrows and was getting fed-up with constantly plucking them or going to the salon and paying money to have them waxed. It's literally...