Quick And Easy Crock Pot Taco Soup Recipe
This recipe is a quick and easy crock pot taco soup recipe that everyone will love! It is easy to throw together and as it simmers, the smell will draw the family together! It is perfect for a cold winter's evening or when you have to dash off to a holiday party! Its taco flavor makes it a hit with children and adults alike! To tell you how easy it is...I got it from a friend whose husband whipped it up while we were at a meeting at her kitchen table! We had to sample it before we left and of course jot down the recipe! Give it a try! You will love it too!
Turn on your crock pot to heat it up while you begin gathering the ingredients together. You will need the following:
- 1 pound of hamburger
- 1/2 of a medium sized white onion, chopped
- 2 packages of dry Williams taco seasoning mix
- 3 cans of tomatoes - I use 1 can of Rotel tomatoes, 1 can of chopped tomatoes and 1 can of crushed tomatoes.
- 3 cans (tomato cans) of water
- 3 cans beans, drained - use an assortment from pinto, black, red kidney, navy, butter or even chickpeas
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles - I use mild.
- 1 package dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup grated colby cheese
- 2 cups of shredded lettuce
- 1 package of tortilla chips
- 1 cup fresh chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup mild or medium salsa
Steps To Assemble, Heat And Serve
- Brown the hamburger meat with the white onions.
- When completely browned, add both packages of taco seasoning and dry ranch mixes. Stir in thoroughly.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and heat.
- While the meat mixture is heating, drain all beans and add to crock pot.
- Add remaining tomatoes, remaining cans of water, and green chiles to crock pot. Stir gently to blend thoroughly.
- Add meat mixture to crock pot. Set on high, cover and simmer.
You are done! Wait for soup to heat thoroughly and prepare to serve.
The remaining ingredients are garnishments for your soup. Serve as you would a taco. Top with a couple of Tablespoons of cheese, tomatoes, green onions. Serve with chips crushed on top or served on the side. I personally like them in the bottom of the bowl AND crushed on top! My son adds a bit of salsa too!
Eat and enjoy!!
Text and Photo Copyright 2011 Deborah M. Carey
More About Me And HubPages
Amazon Items Available
More by this Author
Wonder what it takes to make a great babysitter? Here are some of the most important things to look for and some easy steps to make any babysitter successful!
Here is a simple way to put together a changing room that can be easily taken to expos, fairs and area shows. Take the time to make it yourself and customize your design.
It is possible to not only deal with Scabies, but actually survive it as well. Here are the fifteen steps we used to get clear of a severe bout of scabies. Hopefully it will work for you too!