Quick And Easy Pasta Dinner Recipes: Spaghetti Carbonara With Pancetta And Spinach
Quick and Easy Dinner Recipes: Spaghetti Carbonara with Spinach
Several years ago, when I was visiting Yellowstone National Park, we went out to dinner with my son and his wife. We discovered this fabulous bar and grill in Jackson Hole that served spaghetti carbonara.
I'd heard of it before but I'd never had it. I so enjoyed it that we ended up going back one more time before we went home just so I could have it again....and I still loved it!
This is a bit of an improvisation of the traditional carbonara because I used pancetta. You can also use regular bacon or other Italian meats that are similar to bacon, but I liked the pancetta since it was chopped and just the way I remember it from Jackson Hole. You can get it as crisp as you like, too.
I didn't have a dry white wine so I substituted Marsala and thought it was marvelous.
You can also use egg substitute as I did for half or all of the eggs.
I added spinach just because I try and add spinach to most everything! I find that it gives things a great added flavor but it's also good for you. You can leave that out if you're not partial to spinach and it will taste just as delicious.
Also try other hard Italian cheeses that are similar in flavor or texture to Parmesan or shaved cheeses.
No matter how you prepare it, I think you'll like Spaghetti Carbonara with Spinach!
Spaghetti Carbonara with Pancetta and Spinach
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package chopped pancetta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (used Marsala)
- 4 beaten eggs (used 2 eggs and 1/2 cup egg substitute)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh or frozen fresh spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- In large pan of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Set aside.
- In large skillet, cook the pancetta until it begins to turn brown or become a little crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels. Leave a bit of the fat in the pan or remove and spray with cooking spray. If you leave some of the fat (about 1 tablespoon), cook the onions and garlic in that until the onions start to become transparent. If not using pancetta fat, then use about a tablespoon of olive oil to saute the onions and garlic.
- Add wine to the onions and garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add pancetta back into the pan. Add the cooked spaghetti noodles and toss to coat and heat all the way through.
- Add in spinach. If mixture is too dry, add a bit of olive oil. Make sure you toss until heated through.
- Slowly pour in the beaten eggs and cook in the skillet, constantly tossing with spaghetti tongs or fork until the eggs are barely set.
- Toss in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and toss some more. Add salt and pepper to taste although with the Parmesan and pancetta, you really could do without the salt.
- Serve immediately with parsley sprinkled on top if desired and a little extra Parmesan cheese.
Quick and Easy Dinner Recipes: Carbonara with Spinach
This makes a fantastically easy dinner whether it's just for the family or you're having company.
Add a tossed green salad, a crusty loaf of Italian bread fresh from the oven, a bottle of wine and you've got a delicious quick and easy dinner.
For dessert, try a light and fruity sorbet or maybe a biscuit tortoni.
You can't go wrong with Italian as most people love Italian food. If bacon or pancetta are not on your dietary plan, this spaghetti recipe also is great without it.
This is a great quick and easy dinner recipe and is something you can whip up from scratch without really feeling like you spent all day in the kitchen.
I hope you enjoy my quick and easy dinner recipe for Spaghetti Carbonara with Spinach!
The Original Recipe for Spaghetti Carbonara
More Pasta Recipes
- How to make delicious, quick, kid-friendly chicken p...
I have an easy and quick recipe for chicken parmesan that is very tasty and will satisfy even the pickiest eaters. Cook some pasta, add a salad and ENJOY!Ingredients:Frozen chicken patties (I use Tyson fully...
- Kid friendly 15 minute chicken parmesan. A crunchy c...
This is devoured by adults and children alike, but makes no claims for any kind of Italian American authenticity. This is quick and dirty, easy-peasy, and is great for any green vegetable suspicious, reluctant...
- Free Olive Garden Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Nothing beats this truly flavorful chicken dish from olive garden. If you want a free olive garden chicken parmesan recipe follow the directions below. You would need 1 cup of bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons...
- Chicken Parmesan Noodle Bake
Please Post Your Comments Below Now You can not find a much easier recipe than this quick and easy recipe for Chicken Parmesan Noodle Bake. It has something for everyone and if you add a quick green salad and...
- Vegetarian "Chicken" Parmesan Recipe
This vegetarian chicken parmesan is easy to make, and has a much lighter feel than your usual breaded vegetarian chicken -- and more subtle flavor -- than the ones you can find in the grocery store, pre-made....
- Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Chicken Parmesan has become a classic dish in Italian-American cuisine, and is almost always sure to please because of its simplicty and ability to feed even the hungriest of mouths. This recipe is simple and...
- Dinner Recipe: Chicken Parmesan Casserole
This is a nifty little recipe I just sort of created to see how it would turn out. It is based on traditional Chicken Parmesan but with a couple twists. First, I did not bread the chicken but instead...
- Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
It's easy, it's inexpensive, and it's delicious. Chicken Parmesan is one of my family's favorite meals. It's perfect if you're cooking a feast for the whole family, impressing the in-laws with your...
- Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe: Cooking For Two
This is my own little version or tweak on the classic Italian dish but if you find that my version is too light, you can go back to the original and will add below what to do to get it back there. Really,...
- HOW TO BRING TO THE TABLE TO REAL SPAGHETTI 'ITALIAN
For us Italians, bring to the table a plate of spaghetti with meat sauce, is the easiest thing in the world. Unfortunately it is not for everyone! Most of the time this is because the explanations are on...
- Super Healthy Spaghetti Bolognese
If you are looking for an authentic Italian recipe for Spaghetti Bolognese, this hub is not for you! But if you are looking for a tasty and healthy dinner to serve your family then read on.....
- How To Make Spaghetti Baked With Cheese!
This has got to be the easiest thing in the world to make. Not to mention, the easiest thing that will get you more compliments than any other meal you can have made in no time! There is no rocket science...
- Great ten minute bacon and tomato spaghetti.
Italians, for all their talk of slow food, were the original inventers of the ten minute weekday supper! What I mean is, Italian food is all about taking a few great regional ingredients, at the height of...
- FORGET RAG, SPAGHETTI SAUCE FROM SCRATCH IS EASY
Every time I walk down the sauce aisle at my local grocery store, looking at the dozen or more choices of pasta sauces, I think to myself how hard is it to make sauce from scratch? Granted, for some it's not...
- Chocolate Pasta
Ready for some chocolate pasta? Explore this sweet noodle variation, try making your own and whip up some delicious sauces.
- The Art of Pasta
Patty Inglish, 2009. Photos this page in the public domain. This is one of my favorite recipes for Tuna Salad with pasta and green peas. You can substitute about any style pasta you like. Even spaghetti...
- How to Make Homemade Ravioli. All You Need is a Roll...
You don't need a pasta machine to make ravioli from scratch! All you need is a little time and energy. Learn how to make homemade ravioli using just a rolling pin and use your creativity for fillings and sauces.
- Homemade pasta recipe. It's easier than you think, a...
Make your own pasta for a weeknight supper A lot of people are intimidated by homemade pasta. They imagine it as needing a lot of specialized equipment and a high level of skill. While it's true that...
- Easy Baked Pasta Recipes
Life is busy, but that doesnt mean you cant have tasty, home cooked meals. Pasta dishes are both hearty and comforting. These three recipes take a bit of preparation at first, but once you put them...
More by this Author
Tarragon Chicken is actually a French dish and is really called Poulet a l’Estragon. If that's too much of a mouthful, then just call it Tarragon Chicken! This is one of my favorite recipes to make for company...
Looking for high fiber recipes? Or even recipes higher in fiber? This meatloaf is a wonderful way to increase fiber in your diet but do it painlessly. Even though it is high fiber, it is delicious. ...
In a tight economy, how much should you pay a pet sitter? It depends on many factors including what kind of pet, age of the pet, what the pet sitter has to do and even how far the pet sitter has to drive to take care...