How To Make Salmon Loaf With Carrots
Quick and Easy Recipe: Salmon Loaf with Carrots
I recently found a recipe for Salmon Loaf on www.dianaskitchen.com. However, I wanted to try it a different way and add more vegetables and fiber, so I made a few changes here and there. The result is my quick and easy recipe for Salmon Loaf with Carrots.
Recipes don't get any simpler than salmon loaf in general and there are many variations. I doubled this recipe because I love having salmon loaf left over for lunch or dinner the next day. Salmon Loaf with Carrots also makes great sandwiches!
As another option, you can freeze some slices and then thaw whenever needed. This recipe freezes very well.
See some of the suggestions after the recipe as well for more ideas to add to this great basic quick and easy salmon loaf recipe.
Recipe for Quick and Easy Salmon Loaf with Carrots
Makes 8 servings - inspired by Salmon Loaf Recipe on www.dianaskitchen.com
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) Trader Joe Wild Salmon, drained
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup fresh snipped parsley leaves
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9 x 5 x 1 inch loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mash the salmon and add all remaining ingredients.
- Turn out into the prepared pan.
- Cook at 350 degrees for at least 1 hour or until the loaf is firm and the sides are beginning to pull away from the pan.
- Cool on rack.
More Suggestions and Substitutions
For variety, you can substitute the following:
- Substitute fresh baked, flaked salmon for the canned salmon
- Instead of Panko bread crumbs, use crushed crackers for the bread crumbs
- Mix slightly ground oatmeal for part or all of the Panko bread crumbs
- Use soft bread crumbs for all of the Panko (as suggested in original recipe)
- Substitute 1 cup of egg substitute for the 4 eggs
- Use 1 cup of evaporated skim milk for the milk choice above
- Substitute 2 tablespoons of dried parsley flakes
- Use other herbs instead of parsley such as basil or thyme
- Substitute shredded zucchini for part or all of the carrots
- Add some finely chopped mushrooms
- Add some washed and dried fresh spinach leaves for a delicious and nutritious boost
- Substitute another type of fish for the salmon fish choice but choose one of the same texture as salmon
- Substitute real onions for the green onions (as suggested in original recipe)
Summing Up Quick and Easy Salmon Loaf with Carrots
This is a bit of a different recipe for the traditional salmon loaf but I like it because it takes out about half of the bread crumbs and adds back in vegetables. There are many different ways that you can prepare this recipe and let creativity be your guide.
Many people use salmon loaf recipes to make salmon patties instead - equally delicious. You can either pan fry them or bake them to reduce the amount of fat and calories.
Whatever way you decide to cook salmon, it is loaded with omega-3 heart-healthy oils and as well, fish is a great way to cut down on the amount of meat in your diet.
Quick and Easy Salmon Loaf with Carrots is a great way to come up with a nutritious but fast dinner - and you will have leftovers for your enjoyment as well.
Hope you enjoy this recipe!
Meals in a Rush - Salmon Loaf
How to Make Salmon Patties
More by this Author
Tarragon Chicken is actually a French dish and is really called Poulet a l’Estragon. If that's too much of a mouthful, then just call it Tarragon Chicken! This is one of my favorite recipes to make for company...
Looking for high fiber recipes? Or even recipes higher in fiber? This meatloaf is a wonderful way to increase fiber in your diet but do it painlessly. Even though it is high fiber, it is delicious. ...
In a tight economy, how much should you pay a pet sitter? It depends on many factors including what kind of pet, age of the pet, what the pet sitter has to do and even how far the pet sitter has to drive to take care...