Quick Black Bean Soup
- 1 Onion, Optional
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 2 can or previously cooked Black Beans
- 1 can Corn, Kernals
- 1/4 tsp Southwestern Seasoning, Optional
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 TB Oil, or Butter
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2 cups Beef Broth, Optional
- You want to gather all your ingredients into one place so they are easily accessible as you cook. After everything is together, you can chop the onions and garlic, if you are putting them in the soup. Add them to a large sauce pan with the oil or butter over a medium heat.
- After the onion has cooked for a few minutes, add the ground beef so it can gather the flavor of the onions and garlic. Once it's browned, drain if needed.
- Next add the cans or four cups of cooked black beans. Stir it with everything else. If you used previously cooked black beans with no liquid add two cups of beef broth. Add the corn. Make sure to have all the liquid from both the black beans and corn. It's mainly water and corn but has the flavor of the ingredients.
- Stir the ingredients adding salt if you find it needs some. Next add the Southwestern seasoning if you so choose. If not some other nice seasonings are, cumin, paprika, cayenne for heat and/or parsley. South western seasoning usually has all of that in it.
- Reheat to the desired temperature, generally just below boiling, while stirring occasionally. Once it has reached temperature, let it simmer for a bit then serve.
Do you prefer your Bean soups to be Southwestern or another flavor?See results without voting
More by this Author
My experience in transition or being transmale isn't all knowing or completely conclusive. It develops over time. While it isn't fully realized, I've read a lot and compiled a lot.
There are many ways for people to use crystals, stones or rocks and minerals. Whatever you call them, here you can learn and explore crystals without religion.
Different ways to reduce how much you use and reduce your monthly expenses.
No comments yet.