Chicken and Dumplings Great Recipes meals in under 30 Minutes
Chicken and DumplingsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Frozen Buttermilk Biscuits
- 6 Tyson frozen boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery leaves and stems, chopped
- 20 frozen buttermilk biscuits, cut into 1/4 quarter
- 1 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 - 48 oz Swanson chicken broth
- 1 tsp Weber Beer Can Chicken Seasoning
- Dice Chicken breasts into cubes, chop onion and celery
- Pour both 48 oz Swanson Chicken Broth into a 12 quart stock pot. Bring to a rolling boil, turn heat down to a simmer. Add diced chicken, onion and celery. Add Salt, Pepper and Beer Can Chicken seasoning. Simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is white and tender.
- Cut frozen buttermilk biscuits into quarters (note biscuits are easier to cut partially frozen). Bring broth back up to a slow boil, drop quartered biscuits in one at a time. Slowly stir as you add in biscuits. Salt and pepper to taste. Dumplings are done when the biscuits float to the top. (cook time less than 5 minutes). Some biscuits will boil away creating a creamy broth.
Health Benefits of Chicken
- Chicken is a very good source of lean protein.
- Chicken is a rich source of niacin, a B-vitamin that protects the body against cancer.
Health Benefits of Chicken Broth
- Boosts immune system
- Aids digestion
- Increases efficiency of protein use
- Provides easily digestible minerals, including calcium
Health Benefits of Celery
- Celery leaves has high content of vitamin A,
- Celery stems are an excellent source of vitamins B1, B2, B6 and C with rich supplies of potassium, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, sodium and plenty essential amino acids.
- Celery is known to contain at least eight families of anti-cancer compounds.
Health Benefits of Onions
- Onions contain Vitamin B1, B6, C, Chromium, Calcium, folic acid and vitamin K.
Here are some of the things that onions can do for your heart:
- Boost beneficial HDL cholesterol
- Thin the blood
- Retard blood clotting
- Lower total blood cholesterol
- Lower triglycerides
- Lower blood pressure
Health Benefits of Buttermilk Biscuits
Buttermilk Biscuits contain Vitamins and Minerals
- Thiamine 36%
- Riboflavin 25%
- Niacin 20%
- folate 15%
- Vitimin A
- Vitamin B6, B12
- Selenium 36%
- Iron 30%
- Calcium 24%
- Manganeses 20%
One Buttermilk Biscuit can contain 4 grams for saturated fat per serving, 22 percent of the daily recommended allowance for saturated fats.
More by this Author
Avery Ranch Main Amenities and MAC Pool Center located in Avery Ranch, Cedar Park Texas. Park location and information, photos and video, tennis courts, Volleyball Courts, Playgrounds, Bike & Hike
- 3Things to do at Lake Belton Temple TX Marinas |Boating | Camping | Fishing | Hiking Trails | RV | BLORA | TX Lakes
Lake Belton TX - Public boat ramp and campground information. Great place for the family to enjoy boating, fishing, camping, swimming, horseback riding & more. TX Lakes at it's best.
BBQ Chicken Wings Recipe, reviews for cooking with the power pressure cooker XL, meals in less than 30 minutes
No comments yet.