Quick Crawfish Etouffee
A Meal In Minutes
This quick version of a Cajun classic is a
welcome addition to anyone weeknight repertoire.
Condensed soup takes the place of the traditional
Preparation time: 12 mins
Cooking time: 14 mins
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup chopped peeled onion
- 1 cup chopped seeded green bell pepper
- ½ cup sliced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pound crayfish tail meat
- 1 can (10.75-oz.) condensed cream of celery soup
- ½ cup chicken broth
- /4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice
- Melt butter in a large, deep skillet
- over medium-high heat. When foam subsides, add onion,
- green bell pepper, celery and garlic and
- saute until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in crayfish, soup, chicken broth,
- parsley, salt, hot pepper sauce and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve warm over rice.
She Cooks Crawfish Etouffee
Fit For A King
Serve a light Salad
If you enjoy a light salad before your meal a spinach salad is a great way to go.
- 6 cups bite-size pieces spinach, washed and dried
- 1 small onion, sliced
- ¼ cup diced celery
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup unflavored yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Minced parsley
- 1 tsp. Minced chives
- ¼ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. Grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tsp. Lemon juice
- Combine spinach, onion, celery and eggs in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Taste and correct seasonings. Chill.
- Drizzle dressing over spinach; toss lightly.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
More by this Author
For those who have had fried turkey know it is delicious! In my pre-vegetarian days I had the opportunity to experience fried turkey. I was living in Louisiana at the time, and thought fried turkey: "are you...
I thought I would do another recipe hub, but do a receipe for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I have found that going meatless is not as hard as I thought it would be. Some substitions are good, but other taste pretty...
© Adrienne Manson All rights reserved permission must be granted by the author before any part of this article can be reproduced. Links may be used to link back to the article. We’ve all had run-ins with...