Healthier Dinners In Under 30 Minutes
Food Can Lower Healthcare Costs
Obesity and overeating can result in a wide range of various diseases and condition. America is second fattest country in North America, behind Mexico. We were Number One until 2013, and we can continue to improve.
Eating healthier meals can help reduce high blood pressure, Type 2 Diabetes, and heart disease.
Some nutrition experts recommend six small meals a day, while others suggest two large meals daily. It's your choice, based on your own research, opinions, and judgements, but the following information can help you determine what to eat to enjoy better health and good tasting, fast meals.
A 30-Minute Heart Healthy Meal for Kids
Hot' N Healthy Chicken Nuggets
Serves 4 people without about 4-6 ounces of chicken in each serving.
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 12 min
- Ready in: 27 min
- Yields: Serves 4
Healthier Meals for Kids and You
- A clean and sanitized cutting board
- A small, sharp kitchen knife
- A set of measuring cups
- A set of measuring spoons
- A 1-gallon size ZipLoc bag
- A rolling pin
- One small cooking pot
- One medium size bowl
- One large mixing spoon
- One roll of paper towels
- A clean baking sheet
- Some oven mitts and a pair of kitchen tongs
- 2 cups of herb seasoned bread crumbs or stuffing mix (crush it up)
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp low-fat margarine
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- A dash of hot sauce
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 1 pound of chunked chicken meat.
Celery and Other Healthy Foods
- Celery Flats Interpretive and Historical Center, Portage | Roadtrippers
Celery Flats Interpretive and Historical Center is a Park & Garden in Portage. Plan your road trip to Celery Flats Interpretive and Historical Center in Portage. Celery is a large food crop in the state of Michigan. Celery Flats offers historical
Celery Flats, Portage MI
World Carrot Museum
- World Carrot Museum
Very interesting and fun site in the UK. History, exhibits, trivia, the "bizarre", and nutrition advice. No building is available yet, but an entire museum is presented online at this link.
Origin of World Carrot Virtual Museum
Instructions For Chicken Nuggets
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Measure the bread crumbs or stuffing mix into the ZipLoc. Seal it and place it on a flat surface. If needed, crunch to smaller crumbs by rolling the rolling pin over it.
3. Open ZipLoc and add cheese. Reseal bag and shake.
4. Melt margarine on cook top over LOW heat, Don't scorch it.
5. Put melted margarine, buttermilk, hot sauce, and pepper in the bowl and mix with spoon.
6. Rinse all the chicken breasts and pat them dry with a couple of paper towels. You can use a clean kitchen towel, but don't let it touch anything else and wash it immediately after food prep in order to prevent salmonella spreading.
7. Lay the chicken breasts on the cutting board and chunk it into bite-sized nuggets.
8. Dip chicken chunks into buttermilk mixture and lay 3 - 5 dipped chunks at a time into the ZipLoc. Seal the bag tightly and shake until the chicken chunks are evenly coated with seasoned crumbs.
9. Lay fully coated nuggets on an UNGREASED plain baking sheet. Repeat with more chicken chunks until all are on the pan.
10. Set baking sheet into the oven in the center of the baking rack. Bake nuggets 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
11. Using oven mitts, remove the baking sheet from the oven. With the tongs, turn over each nugget.
12. Set the baking sheet back in the oven for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown.
13. With oven mitts, remove the baking sheet from the oven for the final time. Using the tongs take the nuggets and arrange them on a platter.
Serve nuggets immediately with a bowl of yoghurt-based dipping sauce and a platter of carrot and celery sticks and cold 2% milk.
More About Chicken and Chicken Recipes
- Champagne Chicken and Christmas Wishes
Here are recipes for two Champagne Chicken dishes. One is an entrée and one is a meal-sized salad. Both are light and delicious and appropriate for Christmas and New year's.
- This Chicken Pie Has Legs!
Two recipes for chicken leg pie give you some new options for lunch and dinner. Pie birds and a video add to the fun.
- The Chicken Whisperer Recommends Backyard Chicken Keeping
If you keep chickens at home or would like to - or would like local legislation passed to let you do so, then The Chicken Whisperer is for you.
Fast and Fruity Dessert
Pineapple Coconut Bowl
For a healthier-than-candy-and-cakes dessert, open a 15 ounce can of unsweetened pineapple chunks or use a lite-syrup brand. Drain the juice from the can and save it for blender drinks in the near future. Next:
- Divide the pineapple chunks into 4 dessert bowls.
- Sprinkle a little powdeered ginger and nutmeg on the top of the pineapple in each bowl.
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Place a small amount of pickled ginger in the center of the coconut.
- Garnish with a mint leaf.
This is fast - less than 10 minutes!
For a more extensive dessert, spoon some vanilla or lemon yoghurt around the pineapple. If you want to splurge, use vanilla or lemon ice cream.
More by this Author
Do you get a break for lunch at work? If so, you may need a quick and easy meal. In the early 20th century as Upton Sinclair wrote "The Jungle" about the atrocities of the factory, many people did not have any...
When you see and taste this pizza, you will not believe that this dish is not made completely from scratch.
After much hard work in writing countless resumes, cover letters, and job applications, employment candidates hope to interview well, impress the hiring officer, and secure the job. We can help with the information in...