Chocolate Fondue Recipe and Cream Cheese Filled Cupcake Recipe
Homemade Cupcakes and Yummy Chocolate Fondue Recipe
Included here are two easy recipes that are guaranteed to spice up the daily fare. Quick recipes that you’ll wish you learned years ago, and so will your family! They’ll think you cooked all day.
Holidays always turn into gatherings of families and good friends who might not see each other if not for the holidays. Let it be as impressive as it is easy and stress-free. There’s no competition when you have the best dish, hands down.
One good way to take off the stress is to ask others to bring something, so nobody gets stuck in the kitchen all day, and everyone can take their dish home to be washed. If you bring these easy to make recipes, everybody’s going to like your dish best.
Easy Cream Cheese Filled Cupcake Recipe and Easy Birthday Cake Idea
All the best chefs have their cooking secrets and you should be no different. This applies to the recipe that’s first. Tell no one your secrets.
You Will Need
- 1 box Cake Mix, (The Secret Ingredient, shhhh don't tell!)
- 1 Egg, Combined with a fork
- 8oz Cream Cheese, Softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Syrup, The kind you'd use to top ice cream or make chocolate milk
- 1 pack Paper Cupcake Liners, Most grocers stock them
- Cupcake or Muffin Pans
- 1 Measuring cup for the chocolate syrup
- 1 Mixing bowl Large
- 1 Rubber Spatula, To get every drop of chocolatey goodness
- 1 Mixer, with beaters attached
- Follow the directions on the back of the cake box in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the beaten egg, cream cheese and chocolate syrup thoroughly.
- Distribute paper cups to all the cups in the pan(s) and fill them 2/3 of the way.
- Put a heaping spoonful of the cream cheese mixture on the top of each cupcake. It will sink in a bit, that’s okay.
- Bake them according to the cake box directions, testing with a toothpick for doneness. Check on the side of the cupcake because the center will be filled with the yummy filling you put on top. A different test can be done, too; press the cake with your finger and if it dents in, it isn’t done yet. If it springs back slowly, it’s likely to be done.
- When the cake is done, remove the pans from the oven and place on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before you remove them from the pan. This gives it more time to ‘set’ before you handle them.
- Cool cupcakes completely.
- Frost with your favorite frosting. It will cover the filling and nobody will know it’s there until they bite into it.
The creamy fillings will make your guests and family think you slaved all day to make them. Don’t tell them the boxed cake trick; let them figure it out for themselves and keep it between just you and I.
Easy Chocolate Fondue Recipe
This recipe is easy to whip up. You can wait till the last minute, if you want.
- Fondue forks or long kabob spears
- Fondue pot - or double boiler
- 1 generous cup heavy cream
- 9 oz semi-sweet chocolate bar or pieces
- 2 Tbsp. Brandy (optional)
- A spoon for stirring
- Small bowls for individual servings (optional)
- A ladle for putting it in the bowls, if necessary
- Pour the heavy cream and chocolate pieces into the top pan of the preheated double boiler and stir until melted and well mixed.
- Add the booze - it makes the chocolate shiny and creamy and doesn’t allow it to harden all the way when it cools. (Optional)
- Put it in a fondue pot, if you have it.
Time to get some goodies to dip in the chocolate. A few ideas are:
- Sponge Cake Squares
- Marshmallows - big and small, colored and white
- Dried Fruits, like Apricots
- Candied Orange Peels
- Orange Sections
- Lemon Sections
- Grapefruit Sections
Cut these items into spears, slices and bit-size chunks. Set a platterful on the table with the fondue pot and pass out individual forks or skewers for everyone.
Don’t allow small children to reach the hot pan. A good idea is to bring a ladle with small bowls to set in front of the child.
What do you think? 5 Stars? Me too!
Easy to Make Recipes in New Pots and Pans!
More by this Author
Vets are so expensive! Luckily, there are a few things we can do ourselves, like relieve pain in our dogs with a kitchen spice.
Did you ever want know how to make homemade eggnog? Here's two easy recipes for this Thanksgiving and Christmas. One quick recipe uses alcohol and one doesn't, but both are delicious.
Looking for an easy recipe for dog treats? This one takes only minutes to prepare and then you bake it, and there are only two ingredients besides water. Take a look.