Quick Homemade Bread Recipe
Quick Potato Bread Recipe
This quick potato bread recipe makes two tender, well-textured loaves. Despite the fact that potato does not contribute to readily detectable flavor, it does give a pleasant aroma and moistness to the bread that can last for several days.
You will need an electric mixer in this recipe, which give you a quick mixing. Instead of dissolving yeast in water, combine the yeast with flour and other dry ingredients, then add the potato and liquid ingredients and beat well. Once most of the flour has been beaten into the mixture, little kneading is required to develop a smooth and elastic dough.
1 packet of active dry yeast
4 to 41/2 cups of bread flour
¼ cup sugar
2 teaspoons salt
Packets of Instant mashed potatoes ( for 2 servings)
¾ cup milk
¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
1. In a large bowl of an electric mixer, stir together yeast, 1 ½ cups of the flour, sugar and salt.
2. In a pan, prepare 2 servings of instant mashed potatoes according to package instruction, using amounts of water, milk, butter and salt, exactly as instructed on the package.
3. Then stir in milk, melted butter or margarine and eggs as given in the ingredients above. Stir until well blended.
4. Add the potato mixture to the dry ingredients in the electric mixer bowl.
5. Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed. Scrape bowl occasionally.
6. Add 1 more cup of flour and beat for another 2 minutes at medium speed.
7. With a spoon, stir in 1 more cup of flour to form a stiff dough.
8. Turn dough to floured board.
9. Knead the dough until smooth (takes about 5 to 20 minutes).
10. Add flour whenever necessary to prevent sticking.
11. Turn dough over in a greased bowl. Cover and let it rise in a warm place until it doubled in size. (Takes about 1 ½ to 2 hours).
12. Punch dough down. Knead briefly to release air and shape into 2 loaves.
13. Place each dough in a well-greased 9 x 5 in loaf tin.
14. Cover the tin with tea towel and let it rise in warm place until it is almost doubled in size (Takes about 45 minutes)
15. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350° for 35 minutes or until the loaves are lightly brown and sound hollow when tapped.
Oatmeal Bread Recipe
3 cups instant rolled oats
2 packets active dry yeast
½ cup warm water
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
2 cups warm milk
4 ¼ cups bread flour
1 egg white beaten with 1 tablespoon water
1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in the warm water.
2. Blend the oats until the oats are ground into powder-like consistency
3. Add sugar, salt, milk and 2 cups of flour to the yeast mixture. Beat well to blend.
4. Then, add the remaining flour, beat well to make a soft dough.
5. Coat a board with the blended rolled oat and turn the dough out onto the board.
6. Gradually, knead in all the rolled oats, making a stiff dough.
7. Knead until smooth and elastic. (Takes about 10 to 20 minutes)
8. Turn the dough over in a greased bowl.
9. Cover with tea towel and let it rise to double the size in a warm place. (Takes about an hour)
10. Punch the dough down and knead briefly on a lightly floured board to release the air.
11. Roll the dough to any shape you like, and brush the dough lightly with egg white-water mixture.
12. Place the dough on a baking sheet in the baking tin. (or greased loaf tin)
13. Sprinkle or roll some unblended rolled oats on dough.
14. Cover the tin with tea towel and let rise in a warm place until puffy. (Takes about 30 minutes)
15. Bake in the pre-heated oven at 350° for 30 minutes or until the loaf are lightly brown and sound hollow when tapped.
16. Let cool on rack before you cut it.
The text and all images on this page, unless otherwise indicated, are owned by Ingenira who hereby asserts her copyright on the material. Permission must be granted by the author in writing prior to copy or republish this article in print or online. However, please feel free to copy the first paragraph with a link back to this page. Thank you.
More by this Author
The steamed cake is spongy and the meat filling is so tasty, the end results is you will go for a second and third serving! Since it is a steamed cake, no butter or margarine is required at all.
If you often think that it is hard to make a Cheesecake, you are most probably wrong. I have not failed in making this Cheesecake so far. With this successful attempt, my confidence went up and I have tried a few other...
If your feel that your hair is dropping in handfuls and you feel that you are starting to look more like your balding uncle than curly-haired beauty or hunk, then read on and do something about it! First of all, calm...