Quick Homemade Recipe: Tomato & Mozzarella Salad with Sweet Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 Large Red Ripe Tomatoes
- 1 Pack Fresh Mozzarella (log style)
- 2 Slices Cooked Ham (optional)
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Large Red Onion, chopped
- 3 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- Parsley Flakes
- Basil Leaves (optional)
- Slice tomatoes and mozzarella into half-inch thick rounds.
- (Optional) Cut ham to fit on top of each tomato piece.
- On a large plate, arrange tomatoes, with ham and mozzarella on top of each piece. Set aside.
- In a small non-stick pan, heat olive oil on medium/medium-high.
- Add minced garlic and red onions.
- When onions start to soften, add sugar and reduce to low heat.
- Stir and let the onions caramelize a little.
- Add balsamic vinegar and adjust heat to let simmer.
- Turn off heat, then pour dressing over tomatoes, ham and mozzarella.
- Top with fresh basil (optional) and parsley flakes.
More by this Author
At our wedding, my husband's best friend (the best man) made the toast. During his speech he said, "I work at a hospital and get to meet all kinds of people. One of the things that I've learned from older men when...
My personal experience and advice for weaning off the anti-depressant, Cymbalta.
If you're the average toy dog owner, it might be safe to say that your Shih Tzu has two main purposes in your life: to provide unconditional love and friendship, and to be the little cute thing that makes you happy....