Low Fat Panda Express Sweet Chili Chicken Recipe
Chili Chicken with Pineapple and Red Pepper
Sweet Chili Pork and Pineapple
This simple recipe is so tasty! Your family will be amazed that you can cook like the local Chinese restaurant and you will like the fact that this Sweet Chili Pork and Pineapple is a low fat recipe you can make quickly. In fact, you can make this with frozen pork or chicken if you heat it just a bit in the microwave, just enough so that you can cut it into chunks.
Your family will never know you didn't really plan dinner! Sweet Chili sauce is found in the Asian food isle. If you don't have it, you can put any Asian sauce you do have into this recipe with some honey and it will taste good too.
How to Cook Low Fat Chili ChickenClick thumbnail to view full-size
Sweet Chili Pork or Chicken with Pineapple and Bell Peppers
- Cut up onions, peppers and pineapple. Fry the onions and peppers in a pan until they are just a little soft. Stir as you fry so that they don't burn.
- Put pineapples in the pan and continue to stir and cook until they are just warm through. Put the onions, pepper and pineapple in a container while you cook the meat separately (I've found this is the key to making stir fry work on American stoves--cook the meat and vegetables separately and put them together just at the end with the sauce. This keeps the vegetables crisp.).
- Here is how to cook the meat so that it tastes like it is fried, but isn't full of fat like most Chinese restaurant food. Put the cut meat on a board and then sprinkle the cornstarch all over it. Use your knife or a spoon to turn the meat over until it is covered all over with the cornstarch
- . Put the oil in the pan (optional). Put the meat in the hot pan and stir as you fry it. Watch the meat and only cook it until it is just done. Check the inside of the meat and when it isn't pink any more, it is done. This will keep it tender and not dry. It works for both chicken and pork.
- Put the vegetable/pineapple mix back in the pan with the meat. Stir and cook until it is heated up. Pour the Sweet Chili sauce and ketchup on top. Add more if you like more sauce. If you want it sweeter, you can add a little honey too.
- Serve on top of rice (which should be done right before you finish the pork and pineapple dish).
- 1/2 Bell Pepper, chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 Fresh Pineapple, cut in chunks (or one can pineapple chunks)
- 1 lb. pork or chicken, cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 TB oil
- 1/2 -3/4 cup Sweet and sour sauce, duck sauce or sweet chili sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 tea. salt
- 1 cup rice (long grained jasmine or basmati is best)
- Put water in a saucepan.
- Add 1 tea. salt.
- Heat water until boiling. Put rice in and stir.
- Put a lid on the saucepan and lower heat to simmer. Put timer on for 18 minutes.
- When timer goes off, turn off the heat. You can let the rice sit a bit if it still seems to be watery.
- This recipe makes perfect rice for me every time. If you start your rice first, it should be done just as you finish your pork.
More by this Author
Consumer review of Pillsbury Mix and serving ideas. Includes homemade sugar free brownie recipe too.
Review of Krusteaz Cookie Mixes, tips for how to use them and recipe for 20 minute double chocolate chunk cookies using Chocolate Cookie mix.
Want to write a great argument paper, fast? Try one of these easy topics. You'll also find links to research ideas, writing tips, and sample essays.