Quick Seafood Recipes for the Holidays
Fried Seafood Casserole
This is a little complicated to write because as stated,I rarely use measurements. This recipe is compared to lasagna with a twist. This is the quickest way to make this dish.
You'll need a deep fryer and a deep dish casserole with lid. By some good fish fry for this recipe because it has all the seasonings in it.
1. 2 1/2 pound large shrimp deveined, pealed, butterflied and fried. This will act as the pasta layers lasagna.
2. Popcorn 1 pound scallops, 1 pound clams,10 small lobster tails, and 5 long king crab legs without the shell batter and fry.
3. Drain off all the oil until seafood is 98% dry.
4. Layer the casserole dish with the fried butterflied shrimp tails up. Layer with the fried mixed seafood. Sprinkle shredded Parmesan, Romano cheese. NOTE: Buy the 4 cheese Italian shredded blend about two packs. Take a can of New England Clam Chowder and lightly pour evenly distributing to all parts. Repeat layering. When you reached the top of the casserole, use cheese or seasoned breadcrumbs as a topper. Cover an bake in a 375o oven for 20 minutes covered and 10 minutes uncovered. Remove from heat and let rest for 15 minutes with lid on. Right before serving, add fresh parsley as a garnish.
Two ways this could be served. You can get some lobster tail, crab,and/or clam shells and put some of the casserole and serve. Makes 20 servings
Serve on an appetizer plate with New England Clam Chowder drizzled across the top and a sprig of parsley. Makes 10-15 servings.
For a power punch, use fress minced garlic, shallots, and onions. Mix with the New England Clam Chowder.
Fried Seafood Casserole
Seafood Open Face Finger Sandwiches
We all look for ways to introduce new ideas for the holidays to show off with. Here are 2 quick seafood ideas that still captures the holiday spirit and will woo your dinner party. I have been so proud of these dishes that they must be shared to everyone. Considering that I am not a cook that use measurements, I'll strive to give you as accurate amounts as possible.
Seafood Open Face Finger Sandwiches.
6 large hard boiled egg yokes
1 large fresh crab meat (claw or whatever is on the shelf)
4 large steamed lobster tails (8 small if large isn't available)
1/4 pound of large cooked shrimp (deveined and pealed)
3 cans of tuna (from water and drained)
1/2 cup thousand island dressing
2 tbsp old bay seasoning
2 tbsp hot sauce
2 tbsp honey dijon mustard
1 loaf of bread (the small mini loaf not found in your bread isle. Found in your fresh lunch meat isle usually in the front of the meat counter)
1 pkg of leafy lettuce (romaine not iceberg)
The fastest way to make this is to have your grocery store cook all your seafood.
1. Hard boil your eggs. Remove the shell and whites then set the yokes in the refrigerator to cool.
2. Put all your seafood (including tuna) into a food processor. Chop my blend. You just want to get an even texture. You don't want chunks.
3 Slowly add your hard boiled egg yokes. Remove seafood mixture from the food processor and empty into a large salad bowl.
4 Add old bay, honey dijon mustard, and hot sauce. Take a wooden spoon and stir until almost smooth.
5. Add your thousand island dressing and fold it in. Set in the refrigerator for about 1 hour. Just enough to thicken up a little.
On a large serving tray place the bread in a decorative. You can use the lettuce to put the bread on top of or on it. Spread, pipe, or dollup, 1 tsp of seafood on each of the bread.
To garnish these open faced sandwiches, you can use jullian carrots, red onions, red, green, and yellow peppers. You can add these inside your seafood or place them on top of the sandwiches. If these are not an option, finely crushed rosemary sprinkled on the top.
Makes 40-50 Seafood Open Face Finger Sandwiches.
Two Seafood Dishes for the Holidays
More by this Author
The reason this study is important to learn is because God is coming back sooner than any of us realize. With that said, true Five Fold Ministry must be taught and implimented in our churches for the tribulation that is...
Jesus laying hands on the Apostles Praise the Lord everyone. Even if you don't praise the Lord right now, this message will liberate everyone who are at a standstill in ministry. Many denominations teach that in order...
Wheat, tares, and weeds The Wheat, The Tare, and The Weed. We all know this parable taught by Jesus.... There was a farmer who planted his seeds. He fell asleep and another farmer planted his seeds in the same...