Quick and Easy Apple Cake Recipe
Quick and Easy Apple Cake
What You'll Need
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 6 medium to large Gala apples, (or Honey Crisp)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- For extra flavoring, add ½ teaspoon of Apple Pie Spice, (McCormick Apple Pie Spice seasoning, which is made up of nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice)
- 9 X 12 round pan, (you can also use a springboard pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, mix eggs, sugar, cinnamon (Apple Pie Spice if desired) and oil.
- Peel and slice the apples thinly and add to mixture. Coat the apples as you add them to keep apples from turning brown. It's ok if they turn a little brown, because they will be cooking in over and this won't be noticed. So if desired, you can slide apples ahead of time.
- Mix flour and baking soda and add to the mixture. Mix gently with soft spatula until all flour is mixed in well. A fork can also be used to gently mix the apple in the mixture, but I found that the fork tends to puncture the apples, so a spatula is recommended.
- Pour mixture in greased pan. Suggested pan size: 9 by 12 round pan. If you have a round springboard pan, this is also a good pan to use.
- Cook for 55 minutes.
Note: The last time I make this Apple Cake, I tried using a Bundt pan, and it turned out ok, but because you have to turn in over, the cooked apples are no longer on the top. It still turned out fine, but I would recommend using a pan that is more shallow, and if you have a springboard pan, that will make it all the more easy to remove the pan for serving.
Cast Your Vote!
Sprinkle your Apple Cake with some powdered sugar and serve!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
This is Hub #22 of 30 of my 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge.
More by this Author
- 12Top 10 Lists of Healthy and Delicious Wheat-Free, Gluten-Free Meals, and Lactose-Free Meals and Snacks For You to Enjoy!
Whether you are allergic or sensitive to wheat products, lactose intolerant, or just want to eat healthier, in this article, you can find top 10 lists of foods to enjoy for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as for...
A delicious, easy to make chocolate cake! This chocolate cake kit makes the perfect size chocolate cake for chocolate lovers everywhere!
This article explains spam and how to setup yahoo email to mark and unmark email as spam. In addition, learn how companies get your email address, how to block spam in your email inbox, and options to avoid spam in...
No comments yet.