Quick and Easy Chicken Parm
Chicken Parm: Simple and to the Point
If your like me you spend your days running around doing errands, working, taking care of kids, cleaning up after kids and hubby, etc. I don't know about you but some days I am not interested in adding a meal cooked for scratch to that list.
It is hard to let go of the guilt, I know, but you must.
You are a good mother, good wife, good friend even if your meal isn't something you hand made every bit of. We are not all Martha Stewart and it is OK. I have let go of this image of myself.
Moving on from my little internal self help diatribe- who doesn't love chicken parm??
I do no matter how it may affect my waistline. Note: You can use whole wheat pasta to avoid some of these issue but I haven't warmed up to the taste of it yet.
Here is the way I make Chicken Parm- short, simple, and to the point(which is eating of course):
Super Easy Chicken Parm (Serves 4) Cooking Time: Approx. 33 min Prep: 0
- 2 Boxes of Bell and Evans Air Chilled Breaded Chicken Breast ( Garlic, Gluten Free, or Plain) or other favorite frozen chicken breast
- 1 Can Favorite Tomato Marinara Sauce or other tomato sauce
- 2/3 box of Pasta ( whole wheat or regular)
- 1 bag Shredded Fresh Mozzeralla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- butter or olive oil
Note: Bell and Evans is the best chicken ever. It is as close to homemade as you can get. It is air chilled to preserve flavor and avoid water retention, antibiotic free, all natural. Try it once and you'll be hooked. I suggest it because I know it is good and because we are aiming for a homemade feel despite convenience.
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Place chicken breast on cookie sheet covered with tin foil( helps with clean up later) place in oven and set timer for 28 minutes
- Heat sauce in saucepan at medium heat ( if you cook to hot you, sauce will bubble making a mess- do not put your face really close to smell)
- Start boiling water
- Add pasta when water is at a roiling boil, add salt as well (Cooking times vary can be and can be anywhere between 8-12 minutes, do taste test. My uncle used to throw it at the wall but I do not recommend)
- Once sauce is heated well, turn to low
- Take out chicken and add a ladle of sauce over each chicken breast. Then add shredded mozzarella to each, put back in oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Shut off stove for pasta and sauce. Drain pasta and put back in pan. Add a little butter or olive oil to avoid sticking. Add sauce to pasta and stir.
- Add chicken and pasta to plate. Voila!
Easy Oeasy Chicken Recipes
- How to Make a Good Cup of Coffee
Coffee is often referred to as a bean when in fact it is a seed that comes from inside the coffea berry or cherry. The coffea cherries grow on the coffea plant or shrub which thrives in warm weather so growing...
- The Best Insalata Caprese You Will Ever Have
Have you ever had an insalata caprese or as we like to call it in America, a caprese salad? This delicious mouth water salad which originates from Campania Italy is considered an antipasto but is delicious...
More by this Author
Chronic rib pain is actually quite common ailment, more than people realize. Like all chronic issues it can be difficult and downright depressing trying to find the answer and even when you find an answer it many not be...
I admit it. I like to play video games, and every so often when the kids are tucked in bed I will take over the TV, and get myself caught up in a game. It can be distracting which can be good if you have a lot of stuff...
Leapfrog Leapsters have been in my household for at least eight years now starting with my ten year old's bulky silver and blue thing that didn't take batteries. We are ardent Leapfrog fans having practically all...