I hate chocolate mousse, I really do..........the issue is, that whenever I make it, I end up finishing off any of the leftovers in the bowl, and end up full up before the main event.....but hey isnt that the joy of treats and of course chocolate.
This chocolate mousse is super easy with only three ingredients, egg, cream and chocolate. I love minimal ingredient recipes!
This a pure chocolate mousse, but another reason I love to make them is the variations that you can do with them, make them boozy - add some liquer, make it fluffy - add marshmallows, make it marbled - drizzle on some cream. The list is endless.
For this mousse, I used fairtrade dark chocolate, you could use milk chocolate or even white! Yum!.
Remember to make it at least two hours ahead of time to refrigerate - though it is equally good after just made!
Lastly - try and stay away from the bowl!!
Melting the Chocolate
- 2 Eggs, Separated - you will need yolk and whites
- 100grams Dark chocolate, Or any other type
- 60ml Double Cream, Slightly whipped
- Melt chocolate in microwave or a pan until glossy. Set aside to cool a little.
- Separate eggs, whisk whites until firm and peaked, add yolks to chocolate (once chocolate cooled).
- Slight whisk cream (only a little thought)
- Add egg whites and cream to chocolate and yolk mixture and whisk slightly until combined
- Pour into glass dished. Refrigerate until firm (about 2 hours).
- Serve and enjoy!