Quick and Easy Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Everyone always appreciates a homemade dessert after a family dinner – it’s really going that extra mile – thankfully, you don’t always have to be baking pies or cakes here…sometimes a homemade dessert can be made in mere minutes.
Here’s a recipe for a very simple chocolate mousse. This
uses only a few good quality ingredients and requires only a couple minutes of
active work – and it tastes pretty much as good as anything you’d get in a fine
restaurant (it should actually, as this recipe is based on one from Joel
Robuchon, the man with more Michelin stars than any other!). This is great as it requires no egg yolks, no custard making and no baking - only a little whipping of cream and melting of chocolate!
Easy Chocolate Mousse (for 4)
- 1 cup of whipping cream (heavy cream)
- 100 grams of good dark chocolate – Good quality chocolate (in the 70% cocoa range) is often sold in 100 gram bars, so this portion is pretty easy to work with
- 2 tsps of sugar
- Take half the cream and add it to a small saucepan. Break the chocolate into small pieces and add it to the cream. Bring the cream to as simmer gently, and cook, stirring, until the chocolate has melted evenly into the cream.
- Transfer the chocolate cream to the fridge to cool (about half an hour or so should do it). I like to do up to this step before dinner and finish the next step after dinner, just before serving.
- Once the chocolate cream has cooled, add the sugar to the remaining heavy cream and using a whisk or beaters, beat the cream until it has doubled in volume.
- Once you have whipped cream, take your chocolate cream from the fridge and gently fold it into the whipped cream. (you want to stir it in gently so you don’t lose the volume of your whipped cream.
Divide into 4 small serving bowls and enjoy – it’s really tasty!
A Mousse Variation from Nigella Lawson That Uses Marshmellows!
- Health Benefits of Chocolate Unique to Dark Chocolat...
Recent studies on the health benefits of chocolate have shown that dark chocolate, made from cacao, can be considered a healthy chocolate.
- How To Make Chocolate From Scratch At Home
Is it possible to make chocolate at home from cacao (the real name of cocoa) beans? What appliances do you need to make chocolate from bean to finished product? Creating chocolate from start to finish is possible right in your own kitchen!
More by this Author
Well, I have certainly plumped up while here at home visiting my folks - but I do it all in the name of research! And so I can proudly say that any of my mom's gluten free recipes that I post have been well and truly...
A recipe for gluten-free banana-lemon loaf that my mother makes. This cake is delicious, and you should try it even if you aren't avoiding gluten.
A lot of people have trouble with meat. They like the idea of a great steak, and they have a general notion that the more expensive the steak, the better it is…but more than that…who knows?! I...