Quick and Easy Crustless Quiche
Oh Quiche how much do I love you! The answer is lots, I love how easy it is to make, how quick and how few ingredients. I love you with crust or without.........however, for a slightly lighter recipe this is one without, crusts that is!
To carry on the light theme I used skimmed milk, low fat cheese, low fat margarine, lots of veggies and a little bit of bacon thrown in.
However, the choice is yours, once you have made up the initial butter, milk and egg mix, you can add whatever you want to, and that is the real amazingness of quiche it can be changed with every single bake!...And every single event, its great for lunch, dinner or even have a little quarter as a starter - the starter option is even more achievable with this crustless version.
Enjoy! Whether a quarter as starter, a half as an complement with a main, or have it all!
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- 1 red onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped finely
- 200 grams chopped bacon \ pancetta, chopped finely
- 1tbsp melted buuter \ bacon juice
- 2 Radishes, Thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 180c
- Cook bacon pieces set aside, leaving oil, add to oil with margarine/butter if doesnt make up to a tablespoon when heated
- In clean bowl, mix butter/bacon oil and eggs and milk
- Mix in all other ingredients
- Place in 10inch wide shallow (1.5 inch) glass dish. This can totally be bigger or smaller - no biggie - whatever you have!
- Put in oven for 30 minutes then check every 5 minutes until firm in the middle. If need add some extra cheese then bake again til melted
More Egg recipes
- French Toast \ Eggy Bread
How to make French Toast or Eggy Bread