Quick and Easy Recipes – (Baby) Shrimp Salad Recipe
Quick and easy recipes are great for those who don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen cooking. Shrimp salad is one such recipe. It takes less than twenty minutes to make and is very delicious. Shrimp salad makes a great appetizer and you can enjoy it as a side dish as well.
I make shrimp salad time and again and always enjoy it. Sometimes I eat it with toast. Sometimes I eat it by itself. Either way it always tastes great. Below you will find a shrimp salad recipe that I use when I want to enjoy such fresh shrimp salad.
When making shrimp salad using frozen cooked shrimp you buy in the store or you can use fresh shrimp and prepare it yourself before making the salad.
- 1 Small Bag Frozen Cooked Baby Shrimp
- 1 Medium White Onion or Red Onion
- 1 Celery Stalk
- Sea Salt
- Dried Parsley Flakes
- This recipe uses frozen cooked shrimp. To save time defrost the shrimp in the refrigerator overnight. When it's time to make the salad, once the shrimp is fully defrosted, place into a bowl. (You can use medium or large shrimp too but then you will need to cut them into smaller pieces. With baby shrimp you don't need to cut the shrimp as they are already small in size.
- Take one stalk of celery, wash it, and cut into little cubes. Then take a white or red onion, peel of the skin, and cut into little cubes as well. Add the cut celery and white onion into the bowl with the shrimp. You can use a mix of red and white onion if you want.
- Add a pinch of sea salt. (How much you add depends on your preference). Then wash a fresh lemon, cut in half and squeeze a little bit of the juice into the salad bowl. Finally, add a few tablespoons of mayonnaise and stir.
- Sprinkle the shrimp salad with some dried parsley flakes (you can crush them before placing into he salad), stir, and let sit for a few minutes. Then serve with some crackers, toast, or fresh bread and enjoy.
Another Shrimp Salad Recipe Using Fresh Shrimp
Instead of using frozen cooked shrimp from the store, you can buy fresh shrimp and cook them before making the shrimp salad. Here are the steps to prepare the shrimp and the salad.
- First, remove the shell from the fresh shrimp and discard the shell.
- Rinse the shrimp under running water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Melt some butter in a skillet over medium heat, place the shrimp inside and cook until the shrimp turn pink, turning occasionally with a spatula.
- When the shrimp are done cooking take them out of the skillet, without discarding the melted butter, and cut each shrimp into small or medium pieces. Place the cut shrimp into a large salad bowl.
- Add the chopped onion, celery, sea salt, and dried parsley flakes along with mayonnaise and a little bit of the juice squeezed from a fresh lemon as in the recipe above.
- Pour the melted butter over the salad and mix again.You can also add some dried basil to the salad if you want.
- Crush some pistachios, add to the shrimp salad and mix.
You are now ready to enjoy the shrimp salad. Serve with crackers, toast or fresh bread.
© 2011 Lena Kovadlo
More by this Author
A radish is a nutritious root vegetable that can be eaten raw, be marinated, be used in salads or in soups, or used as a sandwich topping. Here are some radish salad recipes that use the red radish.
Seaweed is rich in iodine, which is a necessary nutrient. Not only is seaweed salad good for you but it tastes great too.
Here is a list of useful Microsoft Word shortcuts that will save you valuable time and are easy to use. Save this list for future reference. It will come in handy.