Recipe for Ground Beef Casserole
How To Cook Ground Beef Stew
A healthy Recipe with step by step instructions
A minced Beef Casserole is a quick and easy meal to make as it only takes forty five minutes to cook. Once you have cooked the basic recipe using Ground Beef or Mince as we call it here in Europe then you can use it in a variety of meals.
Ground Beef Recipes
Instructions for Ground Beef Casserole
- Preparation time: less than 5 mins
- Cooking time: 45 mins
- Serves: 6 to 8 depending on size of portions required
- 1 ½ 1bs mince steak
- 2 large onions
- 1 medium size carrot
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 bowl frozen peas
- 1 Tablespoon tomato puree
- Small amount gravy
Optional Extra Ingredients to Suit the Individual Taste
These vegetables should also be chopped up into small pieces.
- 2 small mushrooms
- ½ a small pepper
- 4 green beans
Cut up the onions into fairly small pieces.
Cut up the tomatoes into fairly small pieces.
Grate the carrot.
Add the cooking oil and onions to the pot. Cook for approx one minute until the onions are brown.
How To Cook Mince Stew
Add the grated carrot and the tomatoes.
Keep back a quarter of the tomatoes.
These will be added at the very end of cooking in order to keep their shape.
Add any extra vegetables that you have decided to include.
- Put the pot back on the cooker and mix in these vegetables for two minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and mix for another minute.
- .Add the mince to the pot and mix well as it cooks.
- A wooden spoon is best to use for its strength.
- Cook for twenty minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and the remainder of the chopped tomatoes.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Make up the gravy and stir this into the pot slowly and continuously until mixed in evenly.
- The amount of gravy used will depend on your preference for how you like the finished dish.
Completed Beef Casserole
Total preparation and cooking time for this Ground Beef Recipe is 30 mins approximately.
This main mince beef dish can now be used to make other variants of main meals.
Variants on using the stew Recipe in different dishes.
- Accompanied by pasta.
- Accompanied by spaghetti.
- As the main ingredient of one large or a few smaller cottage pies.
- With shortcrust pastry
- As cooked and accompanied by mashed potatoes and vegetables.
- As the main ingredient of one large or a few smaller puff pastry pies.
Freezing Basic Recipe
This mince and vegetable recipe is very easy to freeze and losses none of its taste when reheated.
It can be frozen in individual small portions for one or in larger family portions.
Five a Day Program
This recipe is a good way to get your required amount of vegetables a day that is recommended for a healthier diet.
Children and Vegetables
Children can be sometimes stubborn when it comes to getting them to eat vegetables. The vegetables in this recipe are turned invisible when cooked with the exception of the peas.
By grating the carrots it gives a much better flavour but also has the advantage of hiding the vegetable within the meat. .
Vegetables are Low in Fat and Calories
They contain high amounts of various vitamins and minerals. They are also full of antioxidants, fibre and other nutrients.
By eating at least five different vegetables and fruit a day many health problems can be alleviated or prevented.
Best Healthy Ground Beef Recipes
Create your own unique family favourite meal.
As can be seen by the recipe above there is nothing tastier than cooked mince beef and vegetables. The recipe above could be used with other ground beef meats such as chicken, pork and lamb. The cooking time is the same and the taste is just as nice.
Also the vegetables can be changed and herbs added to create your own unique mince, ground beef family favourite meal.
All Images are copyright of L.M.Reid
How To Cook Ground Beef Casserole
Ground Beef Recipes
More by this Author
Best Irish Recipes . How to make Irish Coddle and Soda Bread. Shortcrust Pastry and Apple Pie Recipe
Egg Mayonnaise sandwiches recipe. How to Make an Egg Mayo Sandwich. Step by step instructions and photos.
Titanic Passengers who died and those who survived on the ship Titanic when it sank. Titanic 1st, 2nd, 3rd class passengers