Rackhouse Pub Beer baked Mac'n'cheese recipe
The Rackhouse pub and grill is located in Denver Colorado. The pub prides itself on a mantra of whiskey, beer and food. Their mission statement is "bar food made better". I will note however that this is their mac and cheese recipe- and if this is considered bar food- than I need to eat at local bars more.
This is by far one of the best mac n cheese recipes out their. The unique cheeses used in this recipe gives it a creamy delicious goodness. Don't worry about the beer if children are eating this. The alcohol cooks off in time. Once you make this mac n cheese recipe- you will throw away your old mac and cheese recipe and replace it with this one. I promise!
1 (16 ounce) box Penne pasta cooked and drained
1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese divided.
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 container of Brie. (1.5 cups)
1/2 cup amber beer. (Any kind will do)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 container of crumbled Gorgonzola cheese. (1.5 cups)
2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 packages cream cheese (16 ounces)
2 cups half and half
salt and pepper
1 cup panko bread crumbs.
Rackhouse Pub Beer-baked mac 'n' cheese
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Make sure your pasta is cooked- if it is not already. (You want to slightly under cook the pasta).
3) Butter a 13-by-9-inch baking dish and set aside.
4) In a medium pot, melt the 2 sticks of butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour to form a light roux. Slowly whisk in the 2 cups of half n half, and the 1/2 cup of beer.
5) Slowly add the 2 packages of cream cheese cubed. Remove the outside wax from the brie and discard. Add the Brie to the pot and stir until the cheeses are melted. Stir in the Gorgonzola, 1 cup of Parmesan cheese, and cheddar cheese.
6) Turn the burner off. Stir in the cooked pasta to the cheese sauce, season with salt and pepper.
7) Pour the cheese pasta mixture into a 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Then Top the mixture with the remaining Parmesan cheese, and top with the cup of panko crumbs. Place the dish in the oven for about 1 hour until the sauce is bubbly, and the toppings are crisp and golden. (Do not cover the mac and cheese with aluminum foil). If oil separates from the cheese- just lightly blot.
8) Enjoy your delicious Rackhouse beer baked mac n cheese.
Never throw away cheese
More by this Author
If you have ever eaten at Pappadeaux's Restaurant- you would know how delicious the crab meat spinach Au gratin is.The recipe itself is secret, but what I can tell you is that this recipe taste identical to...
A very good friend of mine absolutely loves these Fried Mac and Cheese Balls from the Cheesecake factory. I thought I would get this recipe to pass on to her and make them one night for dinner for my family. These are...
This is the original recipe for the Olive Gardens Lasagna Fritta.It is so delicious! It is Parmesan-breaded lasagna pieces, fried and served over Alfredo sauce, topped with Parmesan cheese and marinara sauce. You cant...
No comments yet.