Raspberry and Tomato Salad Recipe
Raspberry and Tomato Salad
Who doesn't love a nice simple salad for a meal? Salads are a great way to eat light but yet feel full.
One day I wanted to make a salad for lunch, but I also was feeling very creative. I went through the fruits and vegetables in my fridge, and found whatever I wanted to try in a combination of a salad. I didn't want to make it too complicated because I just wanted to make something quick to eat… and that would be healthy too.
My family started getting me hooked on raspberries and I wanted to find some way to include them in a quick meal I created. This Raspberry and Tomato Salad is the result of that creative meal. I added up the amount of calories and found it to be quite healthy after all. I decided to share the recipe to my creative salad with all of you. Hope you enjoy it!
- 3 leaves of Lettuce - either Iceberg or Romaine, cut
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 4 or 5 raspberries
- 1/4 cup matchstick carrots
- half of a 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella (Sargento Chef Style)
|Serving size: 1 serving|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- In a bowl, first add the 3 leaves of lettuce - lettuce of your choice, either Iceberg or Romaine. Slice it into bite sized slivers small enough to toss.
- Then, cut up the 3 cherry tomatoes into quarters, and add them into the salad.
- Take 4 or 5 raspberries, wash and add them to the salad.
- To the salad, add about a 1/4 cup of matchstick carrots. Break them up before adding to the salad.
- Lastly, add in the shredded mozzarella cheese. I use Sargento Chef Style shredded Mozzarella cheese because it's already shredded nicely for me.
- As for salad dressing, you may choose to use whatever your heart desires. My favorite to use with this salad is Ranch dressing.
**You may adjust the amount of ingredients depending on serving size and how many people.
Overall, I hope you enjoy this salad I have created. Mangia, Mangia. Buon appetito! :)
© 2012 Alyssa Scheidemann
More by this Author
An article on the best activities to do in Key West, Florida. It mentions examples of many restaurants, bars, entertainment, and romantic places in the area.
A list of the Top five Best Organic and Natural Tea Brands for Self-Steeped Tea.
A travel article on travel activities and places to go in Naples, Florida during the twilight hours. It is more specifically on the top five best places to watch the sunset in Naples, Florida.
No comments yet.