Raspberry flapjack recipe
This is a recipe for delicious home made flapjack with a twist, and is a great way to incorporate fresh fruit into a sweet snack. These crunchy, oaty, fruity slices make a healthy snack or a lovely accompaniment to afternoon tea. You could also try these with different seasonal berries such as strawberries or blueberries.
- 5 oz/ 150 grams butter
- 3 oz/ 75 grams soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 8 oz/ 225 grams porridge oats
- 3 oz/ 75 grams fresh or frozen rasberries
- Preheat the oven to 190 deg. C (375 deg. Fahrenheit/ gas mark 5) and grease a shallow rectangular ovenproof dish or tin with a little butter.
- Put the butter, honey and sugar into a saucepan and heat gently until the butter has just melted and the sugar has dissolved into the butter. Do not boil.
- Put the oats and raspberries into a large mixing bowl, make a well in the centre then pour in the melted butter and sugar mixture.
- Stir in thoroughly until all the oats are covered, then empty the whole mixture into the baking dish, spreading out to the corners and patting down to compress the mixture together.
- Bake in the oven on the middle shelf for 25 to 30 minutes or until it starts to turn golden brown.
- While it is still warm use a flat-bladed knife or spatula to divide the flapjack into the required sized pieces - this mixture should make around 9 to 12 portions. Allow to cool before removing from the dish, as they will still be soft and crumbly while warm, but they will set and turn crispier once completely cooled.
- If you want to make these sweet treats a little more special, melt a little white or dark chocolate and trail over the top of the cooled flapjacks to decorate them before you remove them from the dish.
More by this Author
Five easy recipes for cooking with eggs, all suitable for vegetarians, and a great way to get some good quality protein into your diet. Spanish omelette, cheese souffle, vegetable quiche, lemon meringue pie and egg...
This is a wholefood recipe for a traditional dish that can be used as a vegetarian main course. It is full of protein and goodness, and uses wholemeal pastry for the crust for a very satisfying and tasty dish. The...
A showcase of some of Britain's most colourful birds.