Raw Vegan Sweet Potato Soup
The Amazing Sweet Potato
Sweet potatoes are often served with lots of sugar, butter and marshmallows added. That ruins the nutritional value of this lovely tuber. They are naturally high in Vitamins A, B6 and C, Manganese, Potassium,area great source of fiber and surprisingly even protein. One cup of sweet potatoes contains 4 grams of protein. This tuber also provides a source of Potassium, Copper, Iron, Riboflavin and more essential minerals.
Sweet potatoes score a magnificent 65 out of 100 on the Nutrient Balance Indicator and contain very high anti-inflammatory properties. They have a low glycemic load and have only 13 grams of sugar per cup.
Combining these incredible healthful qualities with other great foods such as celery and carrot juice then keeping them raw makes for a powerful dietary healing recipe. Enjoy this easy to make soup which can be heated if desired. Just remember to keep the temperature below 117 degrees (Fahrenheit) to keep those enzymes alive.
Vote For Monsieur's Soup!
- 3 cups Sweet Potatoes, grated
- 1 cup Celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup Onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Dill Weed, dried or fresh
- 1/2 tsp Coriander
- 1/4 tsp Fennel Seeds, Careful! This is a strong flavor.
- 1 clove Nutmeg, grate over top of soup
- 4-5 Carrots, to equal about 1 cup of juice
- 1/4 tsp Basil, dried
- 1-2 cups Water, to thin soup
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut off ends, grate by hand or use food processor. Yield should be approximately three cups. Put in blender.
- Roughly chop onion and celery. Add to blender.
- Measure spices and herbs. Add to blender.
- Add carrot juice and one cup of water to blender.
- Slowly add water as necessary to achieve desired texture. Remember this is a soup and it should have body.
- Grate nutmeg over top of soup in serving dish.
- Add salt to taste if desired.
- If you do not have a juicer to make the carrot juice, add a sweet apple that has been peeled and cored.
- If your blender is not powerful enough to make the soup smooth, put it in the food processor for a few minutes using the S blade. Add coconut milk for a creamier soup, but remember that adds calories.
|Serving size: 1 Cup|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 13 g||4%|
|Sugar 4 g|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 1 mg|
|Sodium 41 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
More by this Author
Most snack foods are high in calories and fat. This recipe for zucchini chips is delicious and healthy. Even the kids will love them!
Green beans are healthful and nutritious. This recipe gives a way to add this vegetable as a snack that adults and kids both will love.
The case of abused child Mary Ellen Wilson captured the nation's attention because the President of the American Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals was instrumental is securing her rescue from the abusive...