Really Easy Really Good Fried Chicken Recipe
Here is a dead easy way to make really good fried chicken.
It takes a bit of planning, (about a day) but it makes the final frying a snap, which makes it a great recipe for entertaining – allowing you to turn out great, crusty brown fried chicken, in just a few moments before dinner.
You make this chicken in 3 stages
- You brine it
- You steam it
- You fry it
This technique has been popularized (Invented?) by David Chang of Momofuku fame, who is no stranger to good fried chicken!
This recipe, which calls for no breading or dredging of the chicken in flour or cornstarch or anything like that, gives you a very pure fried chickeny’ taste. It’s seasoned nicely from the brine and because of the sugar in the brine, it browns quickly and well in the hot oil. It’s not Southern style, but it’s good nevertheless!
Here’s how he makes an easy make ahead fried chicken.
Easy Fried Chicken Recipe
- ½ cup salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 cups of water
- 1 chicken
- Mix together the salt, sugar and water, until the salt and sugar dissolve in the water
- Plop your chicken in this brine and refrigerate for between 1 and 6 hours
- Take your chicken out and steam it for about 40 minutes, or until cooked through
- Return the chicken to the fridge, and let cool for at least a couple of hours (You can do this the day before, if you want to)
- When ready to fry, heat up your deep fryer, and then cut the chicken into serving pieces. When the oil is hot, gently slide them into the hot oil and fry until deeply browned. Because you have already cooked the chicken, all you are doing with this last step is browning the skin, so when it looks browned to your liking, it’s done - Between 5 minutes and 8 minutes.
Or Try Southern Fried Chicken!
- Good old southern country fried chicken. Crisp deep ...
Col. Sanders be gone. Make your own country fried chicken at home, and get a rich dark brown chicken with a shatteringly crisp crust and a taste so good you'll find yourself inexplicably in front of the...
More by this Author
- 6How to Cook a Chicken Breast Perfectly Every Time. Precise Low Temperatures for Moist, Juicy and Tasty Chicken!
Here's an easy technique for cooking chicken breasts perfectly. It's based on the principles of Sous Vide cooking (which top chefs love) but it requires no special equipment in your home kitchen...and it turns out...
photo credit: www.eatfoo.com Col. Sanders be gone. Make your own country-fried chicken at home, and get a rich, dark brown chicken with a shatteringly crisp crust and a taste so good you'll find yourself inexplicably...
4 methods for toasting different nuts (Cashews, almonds, walnuts,peanuts etc.). Toasting nuts before adding them to baked goods or other recipes makes a surprising difference in taste.
No comments yet.