Recipe (3): Fish Filets in Hot Chilli Oil
This is a famous Sichuan (a province in south-west China) Chinese dish, popular across the whole country. Its specialty lies in the spice and hot. On one hand, the smell of fish is entirely gotten rid of; on the other hand, the freshness of fish meat is remained. Actually, the invention of this dish is an accident. The inventor was rewarded by the dish of "pork filets in hot chilli oil" in a cook contest in 1983. Since he was rewarded, friends and relatives kept going to congratulate him. The chef cooked the rewarded dish to serve guests over and over again. One day, one his childhood friend came and brought a big live grass carp. At lunch time, the chef worried because the friend never eats pork. Suddenly, he saw the swimming fish in a wooden basin. Then, he used the way of cooking the pork to cook the fish. As a result, it turned out to be very delicious. Then, the fish filets in hot chilli oil was born.
- 1 (1500 g) grass carp
- 300 g soybean sprouts
- 1 egg white
- 200 ml cooking oil (non-olive)
- matched amount salt
- a small lump ginger, sliced
- 10 cloves garlic, sliced
- 15 g Chinese prickly ash
- 100 g dry red pepper hot, broken
- 10 ml cooking wine
- 20 g starch
- 30 g bean paste (better to be Chinese Qi county bean paste)
- appropriate amount black pepper powder
- prepare the fish: cut off the head and the tail, and dish up
- get rid of the fishbone and slice the fish meat with the same thickness
- add egg white, salt, cooking wine, starch in fish slices to marinate for 20 minutes
- clean the soybean sprouts, and cook it in boiling water; then put it on the bottom of a big container
- put cooking oil in a heated pan, then add in Chinese prickly ash to stir fry for 2 minutes
- add in the dry pepper and bean paste, stir frying until the fragrance and red oil come out
- when the pepper starts to change color, take out half amount of the pepper and prickly ash and dish up; add in garlic and ginger, stir frying until fragrant
- add in fish head, tail, and bone and stir fry evenly
- add in hot water to overflow the fish
- when boiling, add in fish slices, and make them evenly in the soup; boil only for 1-2 minutes when the fish meat just cooked. If for too long, the freshness would be ruined
- pour the fish soup into the container with soybean sprouts on the bottom
- add in the dish-up pepper and prickly ash to make it look fresh and improve the spice and hot
|Serving size: 1 people|
|Calories from Fat||567|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 63 g||97%|
|Saturated fat 10 g||50%|
|Unsaturated fat 53 g|
|Carbohydrates 38 g||13%|
|Fiber 19 g||76%|
|Protein 194 g||388%|
|Cholesterol 165 mg||55%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Grass carp is rich in unsaturated fatty acid, which is good for blood circulation, and so a good food for patients with cardiovascular disorder. In addition, grass carp has rich Se element, which has efficacy for anti-aging and beauty, and prevention of cancers. In Chinese medicine, grass carp is used to warm stomach, nurture liver, protect eyes, and help to heal hypertention, headache, and fatigueness.
Soybean sprout is rich in various vitamins, such as Vitamin B2 and Vitamin E. Spring is a growing season, in which eating soybean sprouts can effectively prevent VB2deficiency disease. It is well known that VE help remain skin in young, and protect blood capillary to prevent arteriosclerosis and hypertension. Besides, the sprout is rich in VC, which helps nurture hair, and lessen freckles. Eating the sprouts can improve development of young children, prevent anemia, gum bleeding and low cholesterol, power brain, help anti-fatigue and anti-cancers.
The disadvantage of this dish is mainly that the amounts of salt and edible oil exceed the standard. Well, it is known that absorbing too much salt and oil is not healthy for human body. Too much salt can increase water amount to cause hydroncus, while too much oil absorbtion leads to extra fat accumulation.
Fish Filets in Hot Chilli Oil
More by this Author
July 7th in lunar calendar is a Chinese traditional festival. It originated from an ancient beautiful sad legend. With time, it has become a celebration for young girls.
Historical documents tell lost human civilizations. Most of them were found within 30 degree north latitude, such as bronze cultures, Pyramid, stonehinge..., which increases mystery about this planet.
The "htamein" is basically the lower part of Myanmar women wear, which is made in an easy way, rich in colors and patterns, both fits to tropical climate, and displays women's elegance and decorum.
No comments yet.