Recipe: Beffy's Brownie In A Mug
Over the last few months our daughter Autumn has been honing her love for cooking and baking. She has a natural affinity for it and has come up with several recipes of her very own. Included among these is one particularly scrumptious and original twist to the familiar brownies-in-a-mug. It is a single serving recipe, perfect for satisfying any individual hankering for freshly baked brownies. Autumn's nickname among friends is Beffy, so she has fittingly dubbed her brownie creation "Beffy's Brownie In A Mug". It is a treat she frequently makes for visiting friends, and on those nights she and I get a chocolate craving. And my darling daughter has been generous enough to grant me permission to share her recipe here!
How to make Beffy's Brownie In A Mug!
Prep and Baking Time
Ingredients for Beffy's Brownie In A Mug
- 1/4 Cup flour
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder, natural, unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp liquid vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp chocolate or caramel syrup, (optional)
- 2 Tbsp water
- dash salt
1 standard-sized and microwave-safe coffee or tea mug
1 spoon or fork
- With the spoon or fork: mix all dry ingredients directly into the microwave-safe coffee or tea mug
- Add and mix in oil
- Add and mix in water
- OPTIONAL: Add and stir in the chocolate or caramel syrup
- Place the mug of batter into the microwave and heat for ONE minute on the High setting.
- Carefully remove the mug from the microwave. *WARNING - IT WILL BE HOT!*
- Pierce the brownie several times with fork or a knife and allow steam to escape (approximately 1-3 minutes).
- Eat and enjoy!
For a more cake-like brownie:
add ONE egg to your batter. Simply break egg yolk and white in with the other ingredients and stir very well before placing mug into the microwave.
Suggested toppings: whipped topping or scoop of ice cream.
Rate this recipe
The creator of Beffy's Brownie In-A-Mug is 18-year old Autumn (Beffy) Perry. She is a lover of chocolate, as well as low-carb cooking. When not cooking or baking, Autumn can usually be found hanging out with her chess club, practicing with her HS drama class or spending time with her family, pets and friends. Autumn intends to pursue an education in nursing after graduation.
This Hub ©December 10, 2014 by Beth Perry
More by this Author
A selection of non-alcoholic Irish-themed beverages, great for St. Patrick's Day or other celebrations.
Recipe for deliciously light and creamy Honeydew pie using honeydew liqueur
The birds do it, the bees do it, and we should all be grateful that even our parents do it; but how much do you really know on the subject of sex? Take this trivia quiz and maybe you'll get a clue as how savvy you truly...