Bluebery Pancake Recipe
I have always loved blueberry pancakes and thought that now was a great time to learn to make them from scratch. Wow am I ever glad that I did! Bisquick is great, but pancakes from scratch are even better. This recipe actually came from "The New Best Recipes" from the editors of Cooks Illustrated. I was given the book by a friend for my birthday and it truly has been the gift that keeps on giving!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (but frozen works too if blueberries are not in season)
- Whisk the milk and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in another medium bowl.
- Melt the butter, then mix it with the egg and with the milk mixture.
- pour the milk, egg, and butter mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix it together until there are only a few lumps left.
- Heat up either an electric griddle to 350, or heat a 12" skillet on medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Coat it with 1-2tsp vegetable oil or cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan, add as many blueberries as you'd like (10?) and let it cook until it bubbles. (1-2 minutes). Flip the pancake over and cook it another 1-2 minutes.
- Enjoy with real maple syrup!