Recipe: Eggnog Bavarian Cream Dessert (Homemade)
Try This Delicious Eggnog Dessert
This recipe from a Mc Call's book that I have had for a long time now, gives eggnog a whole new taste!
Typically, eggnog is served as a drink with, or without alcohol. Whatever your prefererence may be, I can tell you that this eggnog dessert is one that will make your eggnog loving guests spin in their chairs!
It is rich and delicious! I even like to have this as a dessert in the summertime if we are having a party at our house.
- 3 Envelopes Unflavored Gelatin
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar, Firmly Packed
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- 1 Cup Ice Water
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Rum Extract
- 2 Cups Dairy Eggnog
- 3 Drops Yellow Food Coloring
- Handful Red Candied Cherries
- 1/2 cup heavy cream whipped
- 1 tsp confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Combine gelatin and brown sugar in large bowl of electric mixer, blending well.
- Add boiling Water: stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir in ice water, nutmeg, and rum extract; refrigerate until thick enough to mound slightly when dropped from spoon-about 20 minutes.
- At medium speed, beat until light and fluffy. Gradually add eggnog, beating constantly. Beat in food color.
- Pour into 1-quart mold; refrigerate until firm-3-4 hours.
- To unmold: Run a small spatula around edge of mold. Invert over platter; shake gently to release. If necessary, place a hot, damp dishcloth over inverted mold, and shake again to release.
- Decorate with candied cherries, and serve with whipped cream.
- Whipped Cream: In small bowl, whip cream with confectioner's sugar and nutmeg just until stiff.
Makes 6 servings
I hope you enjoy this dessert with a twist on eggnog. It is so creamy and smooth. I don't think there would be very many people who DON'T like it!
Eggnog Bavarian Cream Dessert
More by this Author
Best Sausage Gravy!
Cheesy Velveeta Meat Lasagna!
I love to scrunch my hair. I LOVE hair that is on the bigger side. And my hair is naturally thin.
No comments yet.