Recipe: Eggnog Bavarian Cream Dessert (Homemade)
Try This Delicious Eggnog Dessert
This recipe from a Mc Call's book that I have had for a long time now, gives eggnog a whole new taste!
Typically, eggnog is served as a drink with, or without alcohol. Whatever your prefererence may be, I can tell you that this eggnog dessert is one that will make your eggnog loving guests spin in their chairs!
It is rich and delicious! I even like to have this as a dessert in the summertime if we are having a party at our house.
- 3 Envelopes Unflavored Gelatin
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar, Firmly Packed
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- 1 Cup Ice Water
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Rum Extract
- 2 Cups Dairy Eggnog
- 3 Drops Yellow Food Coloring
- Handful Red Candied Cherries
- 1/2 cup heavy cream whipped
- 1 tsp confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Combine gelatin and brown sugar in large bowl of electric mixer, blending well.
- Add boiling Water: stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir in ice water, nutmeg, and rum extract; refrigerate until thick enough to mound slightly when dropped from spoon-about 20 minutes.
- At medium speed, beat until light and fluffy. Gradually add eggnog, beating constantly. Beat in food color.
- Pour into 1-quart mold; refrigerate until firm-3-4 hours.
- To unmold: Run a small spatula around edge of mold. Invert over platter; shake gently to release. If necessary, place a hot, damp dishcloth over inverted mold, and shake again to release.
- Decorate with candied cherries, and serve with whipped cream.
- Whipped Cream: In small bowl, whip cream with confectioner's sugar and nutmeg just until stiff.
Makes 6 servings
I hope you enjoy this dessert with a twist on eggnog. It is so creamy and smooth. I don't think there would be very many people who DON'T like it!
Eggnog Bavarian Cream Dessert
More by this Author
O.K., so I have been writing about getting healthy, and exercising, and all of that good stuff. Just to let you know ahead of time, this is surely not a soup to eat when trying to cut calories. But, it is getting cold...
Best Sausage Gravy!
Feel better about your thinning hair. Tips on handling it while working on getting thicker hair.
No comments yet.