Recipe: Goat Meat Curry
This recipe is for cooking any meat curry like goat, lamb, pork or any other meat. I learnt this recipe from my mom. Love this curry with Ragi mudde (ball).
- Meat 2 lb (1 kg), cut into medium size pieces
- 2 medium size onions
- 2 small tomato
- 3/4 tbsp chilli powder, you can add more if you want it very spicy
- 3 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp garam masala
- 1/4 cup fresh coconut
- 1 tbsp each of ginger and garlic paste (of course fresh ginger & garlic would give more taste)
- 2-3 branches of fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- few curry leaves
- 2 tbsp salt or to taste
- Heat oil in a vessel add onion and fry well for about 5-6 minutes. Add ginger & garlic paste in the middle
- Add above ingredients to a grinder and also add other ingredients like coriander powder, chilli powder, coconut, coriander leaves, tomato, garam masala, add 1/2 cup water and grind everything into fine paste. You need to grind for like 5-6 minutes until everything becomes really fine paste.
- Now heat some more oil in a vessel, once hot add few curry leaves and fry them for about 1 minute, you should get nice aroma from it
- Now add meat and salt and fry everything together for like 10 minutes, stir couple of times
- Now add grinded masala to the meat and mix everything together
- Add about 1 cup of water (meat should be covered in water, but not too much) and heat
- If it is Goat meat (non chicken), you are better off cooking in pressure cooker (about 5 whistles)
- If you are not using pressure cooker you may have to cook for about 30 minutes if it is chicken or 45 minutes if it is any other meat by stirring occasionally
Enjoy this mouth watering meat curry with basmati or sona masoori rice. I enjoy it with nice Ragi ball.
More by this Author
Recently we had problem with GE refrigerator that opened my eyes to some of the information provided in the manual. The problem was that first few days water and ice dispenser was not working reliably, meaning works...
Recently my GE Space-maker Microwave (7 years old, model JVM1631BB) stopped heating food. When I start it works as if it is heating food, but it was not heating food. After doing some research online I found that it is...