Recipe Pappadeaux's Key Lime Pie with Rasberry Sauce
Pappadeaux is a famous restaurant nationwide. If you have ever eaten there- you would know how delicious their food is. It is also very costly to eat their. Now you can eat Pappadeaux at home in your own home- with ought the high cost. Please enjoy this Key lime pie recipe from Pappadeaux. It is so delicious.. Its almost more like a cheesecake than a pie- but honestly once you taste the first bite- you will lick your plate clean.
2 (8 oz) Cream cheese softened
2 Cans of sweetened Condensed Milk
3/4 cup cold water
6 egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup of flour
10 Tbsp Rose's Sweetened Lime juice
10 Tbsp Key Lime juice
2 tsp Lime zest (very fine)
1 3/4 graham cracker crumbs
6 ounces finely ground pecans
6 Tablespoon Sugar
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 stick of butter melted.
1 8 oz jar of sugar
3/4 cup of water
2 Tablespoons of sugar
To make the pie crust:
1)Preheat your oven to 350
2) Put your melted butter in a bowl. Add your Graham cracker crumbs, ground pecans,sugar,and cinnamon. Mix together and press in a 10 inch spring form pan. Make sure you get some on the sides.Set aside.
To make the filling:
1) Put your 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk in a medium size bowl. Add you 2 packages of cream cheese. Beat mixture with a blender until mixed through. Set aside
2) Put a medium saucepan on the stove. Add the egg yolks,water,salt,flour,lime zest,roses lime juice, and key lime juice.stir well. Place the temperature on medium- and heat till mixture thickens a little. The mixture will be a thick consistency just like pudding. When this happens add the cream cheese mixture to the saucepan.
3) Stir the cream cheese egg mixture well. Pour in the spring foam pan.
4) Bake in the oven on the top rack for 20 minutes. Place a cookie sheet below the rack to catch the little drippings. The top will be slightly browned. If you insert a toothpick it will have a little pie on it. The pie needs to be a little underdone. You want to chill this pie for several hours before serving. Garnish with Raspberry sauce. Serve with homemade whipped cream, and garnish with sliced limes.
Directions for Rasberry Sauce
1) In a small saucepan, heat the jar of preserves,water, and 2 Tablespoons of sugar. Bring this to a boil.
2) Simmer for 4 minutes, remove and pour through a fine strainer removing the seeds. Save the sauce for garnish for the cheesecake.
More by this Author
Nothing beats a traditional New York style cheesecake. This cheesecake is just the right sweet-ness, creamy- ness, deliciousness. This is my one and only cheesecake recipe in my house, and once you make it it will be...
In the hunt to find a moist carrot cake with cream cheese icing- I was kindly given this recipe. This is an old fashioned recipe, and let me say so delicious. It makes allot of cake- but wont last.
This is the original recipe for the Olive Gardens Lasagna Fritta.It is so delicious! It is Parmesan-breaded lasagna pieces, fried and served over Alfredo sauce, topped with Parmesan cheese and marinara sauce. You cant...