Recipe Pappadeaux's Lump Crab meat Spinach Au Gratin
If you have ever eaten at Pappadeaux's Restaurant- you would know how delicious the crab meat spinach Au gratin is.The recipe itself is secret, but what I can tell you is that this recipe taste identical to Pappadeaux's. We made this last night at our home- and you would think we were in the restaurant eating this. From Pappadeaux's restaurant to your home- Enjoy.
1 (9 ounce) bag of fresh spinach
1lb lump crab meat ( imitation or fresh)
1 stick of butter
1 Tablespoon flour
1/2 package of cream cheese. (4 ounces)
3/4 cup half and half
4 ounces monterey jack cheese shredded
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 Tablespoon fresh garlic
Ciabatta loaf bread
1 cup shredded cheese for bread.
Directions for Dip
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 6 ramekins or a 9x9 glass pan.
2) Put a large pot on the stove filled with water on medium heat.
3) Chop your spinach to small pieces. Add your chopped spinach to the boiling water- and boil till cooked. The spinach will turn a dark color and look cooked. Drain the spinach in a coriander, and discard the water. Set your cooked spinach aside.
4) Chop your lump crab meat into smaller pieces. Heat a saucepan on the stove with medium heat. Add your 1 Tablespoon of garlic,stick of butter, and your chopped crab meat. Cook until garlic starts to turn brown in the pan, and the crab starts to look cooked.
5) When your crab is done- remove the crab with a slotted spoon- leaving the butter in the pan, and set aside your crab in a bowl. Add the 1 Tablespoon of flour to the butter left in the pan, and stir quickly till it gets thick. (this is called a roux).
6) Add your cream cheese, monterey cheese, stirring on low heat till melted. The cheese will start to stick together.
7) Add your half and half, and seasonings. Stir continuously to mix the cheese with the half and half. Turn your burner to medium.The sauce will begin to boil, and once it does remove from the burner, and add your cooked drained spinach. Then add your crab meat back into the sauce, and stir well.
8) Add your cheese mixture to your ramekins or 9x9 buttered pan, and sprinkle with the 1 cup of shredded cheese.
9) place in oven, and cook till bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve with the ciabatta toasted garlic bread
Directions for Ciabatta bread
1) Slice your Ciabatta loaf into slices 1/2 inch thick at an angle.
2) Spread butter on each slice, and sprinkle with garlic salt.
3) Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Repeat this with all the slices, and place on a cookie sheet.
4) Place your oven on broil and broil your slices till lightly brown. This should only take a couple minutes. Remove your loaf slices and serve with your Pappadeaux's Lump Crab meat Spinach Au Gratin.
How to boil spinach
More by this Author
A very good friend of mine absolutely loves these Fried Mac and Cheese Balls from the Cheesecake factory. I thought I would get this recipe to pass on to her and make them one night for dinner for my family. These are...
Real Lobster and Crab Bisque soup made from cream, and homemade shellfish stock. Its sure to make your mouth water and beg for more.
This is the original recipe for the Olive Gardens Lasagna Fritta.It is so delicious! It is Parmesan-breaded lasagna pieces, fried and served over Alfredo sauce, topped with Parmesan cheese and marinara sauce. You cant...