Recipe: Pork Red Chile
Healthy Eating for Winter
Soups are a good way to make a quick, tasty meal for winter. Moreover, they are healthy and can be pretty close to being Paleo (a diet we both follow) This recipe does have beans in it, adding some carbs, but it is not too bad and still very healthy over all.
It is a favorite of ours, and we make it usually a couple times a month.
- 2 20 ounce cans of Diced Tomatoes
- 16oz Pork, Cubed
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Onion, Sliced in wedges
- 1 (or two) Japalenos, Diced
- 1 12 oz can Black Beans
- 1 12 oz can Pinto Beans
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 or 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 6 oz Cheddar Cheese, Grated
- 1 Avocado, Diced
- 2 tablsepoons Cilantro, Chopped
- Cut the pork into cubes. Slice the Onion and Jalapeno. Brush the coconut oil into the pan, and add the pork and cook until it is slightly brown.
- While the pork is cooking, Pour both cans of diced tomatoes and beans into a good sized pot. Add about one to one and a half cups of water, then add the onion, jalapeno, Chili powder and paprika and set the burner on low.
- Once the pork is brown, add it to the soup and let it simmer for at least an hour. Two hours would be better.
- In the meantime: Dice an avocado. Grate some cheese. Dice either some parsley or cilantro.
- Add to your soup as you wish, and enjoy.
More by this Author
There are many myths and half truths about how to get a great looking mid-section. The bottom line is you have to commit to getting good abs. These are the techniques I found that works
The cornerstone of our monetary is based on fractional banking. This, along with the Federal Reserve (I will discuss the Federal Reserve in another article) play an important role in the value of our money, the dollar....
Cellulite is not an unusual phenomena. It is simply excess fat pushing up against the skin that has a weak fibrous structure. The proper exercise and diet plan can greatly diminish cellulite.
No comments yet.