Butterflied Pork Chops Stuffed and Grilled Recipe
Background about this recipe
I bought what I presumed was a boneless pork loin roast. I must have been in a hurry when I was going through the meat department that day, as I did not notice all the cuts that were in the roast. When I defrosted the roast and cut open the bag that contained the meat, I saw that it was cut into eleven sections but not cut completely all the way through. I had been wanting to and make a stuffed pork roast on the barbeque for some time, and thought to myself, okay this is the perfect time to try this. I did not use an actual traditional stuffing. I must say that this did come out pretty tasty for what I did stuff the chops with.
- 1 large boneless pork roast
- 2 large sweet onions sliced thick
- Green and black olives sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves sliced
- Fresh ground pepper
- 8 wooden skewers
- Start by placing sliced garlic and onion slices into the cut parts of the roast.
- Add as many green and or black olives that you would like.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper.
- Insert wooden skewers.
- This was made on a 3-burner gas barbecue. Turn on the left and right burner to medium. In the center of the barbecue place a foil pan with about ½ inch of water in the bottom. Place your meat in the foil pan.
- Close the lid on the barbecue and cook for approximately 1-½ hours or until meat thermometer reads 160F.
- Remove and place on a dish, cover with foil for ten minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!
More by this Author
A step by step recipe with pictures for making a one pot meal that includes; cabbage, carrots, potatoes and onions.
Recipe for pork chops baked in the oven with cream of mushroom soup and potatoes. Very easy recipe to follow.
Find out how to correct biting, chewing jumping, rough play, begging, barking and digging when your dog has behavioral problems.