How to Make the Best Chocolate Dessert
How To Make a Chocolate Dessert
This is one of the Best Chocolate Dessert Recipes that I make.
You can add as many delicious ingredients to your own recipe. This is what makes Chocolate Desserts so much fun to put together.
I call this Chocolate Dessert Surprise because every time I make it I use different ingredients. Chocolate and cream is always a delicious explosion of flavour.
A Note about the Fresh Whipped Cream
In Ireland we call this cream Double Cream. In the UK it is called Whipping Cream.
I do not know what it is called in the US or other countries. But please do not use that imitation cream from a can. It tastes absolutely horrible.
Once you have used the proper cream you will never have that canned stuff in the kitchen again.
You can use any chocolate sponge you like. But when I am making this recipe I like to treat myself to a nice Belgium Chocolate Brownie Pudding.
It has extra flavour and richness and also a delicious dark chocolate sauce.
You can use any one you like but the bubbly texture of the aero does make a nice difference to the overall taste of this desert.
- 1 Tub Cream
- 1 Packet Chocolate Sponge
- 2 Tubs Aero Chocolate Mix
- 1 Bar Milk Chocolate
- 1 packet Marshmallows
Instructions: Preparing the Cream
- Pour the cream into a bowl and whip with either a hand held whisk or an electric whisk.
- Whip the cream until it can stand up in a peak when lightly folded.
- Set the whipped cream aside.
I prefer to use the hand held one because it does not take long and is less messy when cleaning up.
Preparing the Chocolate Sauce and Sprinkles
- Break up half the Milk Chocolate bar into pieces and put in to a small glass.
- Fill a saucepan with enough water to come up to three quarters the way of the glass.
- Boil the water and add the glass.
- Stir the chocolate squares until they have melted.
- Add some cream to the melted chocolate very slowly and stir in.
- This will make it taste much better but will also stop the chocolate from hardening while you prepare the rest of this desert.
- Put the remainder of the chocolate on a chopping board or plate and slice up into small chunky pieces.
Preparing the Chocolate Sponge
- Heat up the sponge in the microwave as per the instructions on the container.
- Take out and put in a half portion to each glass.
- You can use any chocolate sponge you like but when I am making this dessert I like to treat myself to a Belgium Chocolate Brownie Pudding.
- This has extra flavour and richness with a delicious dark and milk chocolate sauce.
Prepare the Marshmallows
- Cut the marshmallows in half either with your kitchen scissors or a sharp knife.
How do you rate my Dessert Recipe?
Add each ingredient to the glasses as you choose. Here is what I do
- Add in half the sponge to the bottom of the glasses
- About a third of the whipped cream.
- Then half the Aero chocolate and half the marshmallows.
- Add the remainder of the sponge, aero and marshmallows in that order.
- The topping is now the remainder of the cream
- Sprinkle the chocolate shavings on top of the cream
- Then pour over the heated chocolate sauce.
This is my Recipe for a Chocolate Desert Surprise
If you decide to make this original recipe you will be delighted with the mixture of chocolate and cream flavour.
I admit the dessert is rather unhealthy but we all deserve a treat now and again!
I make it when I have a special occasion as it is the perfect chocolate dessert for a dinner party.
All Images are copyright of L.M.Reid
Chocolate Dessert Recipe
More by this Author
Best Scones Recipe. How To Make Scone Recipes with step by step instructions and photos.
Apple Pie Recipe. How to make Apple Tart, Shortcrust Pastry and Custard.
Titanic Passengers who died and those who survived on the ship Titanic when it sank. Titanic 1st, 2nd, 3rd class passengers