Simple way of making Penne Carbonara
Ingredients to be used.
· 15ml olive oil
· 50g parmesan cheese, finely grated.
· 500g penne
· 7 egg yolks
· 125ml cream
· 250g prawn tails
· 270g pancetta or bacon that is diced.
Method of preparing Penne Carbonara.
1. In medium heat, add olive in a sauce pan and cook bacon till it is light brown and crispy. Stir continuously.
2. Remove the bacon and put aside to let it cool. Fry the prawns in the pan for two minutes and put aside to cool.
3. In a bowl, mix the cream and the egg yolks and add to the cooled prawns and bacon.
4. Put the pasta in a pan of water that is salted and boiling and cook it until al dente. Drain but reserve a bit of the cooking water.
5. Return the pasta to the sauce pan to retain as much heat as it can. Add the egg, bacon and prawn mixture. Season and mix together and add the parmesan cheese on top.
6. Add a little of the reserved water if the sauce is too thick.
7. Serve with some extra parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
It is important to note that penne carbonara is at its best when served immediately after preparation.
No comments yet.