Weight Watchers, Fat-Free Recipe for Home-Made French Fries
Fat-Free French Fries
Baked French Fries
Home-Made Fat-Free French Fries
I am a lifetime member of 'Weight Watchers' maintenance program. Although I don't always follow it to the T-Healthier food choices have become a part of me. Eating healthier does not have to mean less taste. This is one of many favorite recipes I used when I was learning the program. I never make french fries with oil anymore and this healthier cooking method makes better french fries. Who knew a fat-free recipe could be better than the old stand by made with oil. Enjoy, and I hope this becomes your standard recipe for fries too.
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Ready in: 1 hour 15 min
- Yields: Serves four people
Ingredients for Baked French Fries
- 4-5 Potatoes, Red or White
- Lawry's Season Salt
- Pam Cooking Spray
- Ketchup, Optional
- Malt Vinegar, Optional
- Table Salt (to taste)
Instructions for Baked French Fries
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into long slices; about 1/2" thick.
- Arrange cut potatoes on baking sheet that has been sprayed with oil or cooking spray in a single layer. Salt uncooked fries with table salt or Lawry's salt.
- Cook for 30 minutes at 325 degree's, then increase temperature to 400 degree's and cook another 30 minutes.
- You may turn the fries periodically to make sure they brown evenly. (I have done it both ways; even when I don't turn them, they turn out great anyway!).
- While fries are hot, add more salt. (Table salt or Lawry's salt).
- Options: Some choose to dip French Fries in ketchup while others enjoy drizzling them with malt vinegar.
Before and After Photo's of Baked French Fries
view quiz statistics
Fat-Free French Fries
Have you ever made fat-free french friesSee results without voting
All About French Fries
- Potato Wedges: Easy and Healthy Alternative to Frenc...
Potato wedges are easy to make, surprisingly addictive, and a healthy replacement for French fries that is still delicious without the mess, grease, and health risks of deep fat frying.
- Buying The Best French Fry Cutter
A French fry cutter is the best kitchen accessory if you want to produce your own home made fries. You can choose to make mini chips or jumbo fries using the best potatoes of your own choosing. Here are a...
© 2010 Linda Rogers
More by this Author
This is a delicious recipe for spinach dip. It's a sour cream based dip, versus mayo. I serve it with vegetables, chips and french bread for dipping.
A delicious and easy cucumber salad recipe. I've tried every kind of cucumber salad, and this one is my favorite.
The painful story of how I lost friends after I was diagnosed with cancer. I'd heard from my cancer therapist that it's actually a common phenomenon, but I never thought it would happen to me.