Recipe for Pirate's Voyage / Dixie Stampede's Creamy Vegetable Soup
Want some more?
Anyone who has ever been to Dolly Parton's Pirate's Voyage or Dixie Stampede has tasted this delicious creamy vegetable soup served as the appetizer with a cheese biscuit. I absolutely loved it and had to have more. I did not, however, wish to pay the expensive admission fee to get it. While the shows were wonderful and entertaining, I just wanted the soup. You too, you say? Here is the easy to follow recipe.
- 3 tbsp margerine or butter
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp corn syrup
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp white pepper, or black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, boullion is fine
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup canned mixed vegetables, finely chopped
- 1 pint half n half or heavy cream
- chopped or dried parsley
- In a 3-4 quart sauce pot, melt margerine or butter. Add onion and garlic powders. Add corn syrup. Simmer for one minute being careful not to brown.
- Add flour, pepper, salt, chicken broth, water, and FINELY chopped vegetables. Simmer 3 minutes. Stir continuously so as not to brown or scorch.
- Add half and half or heavy cream. Lightly simmer til desired consistency. Do not boil. Stir continuously.
- Serve with cheese biscuits or alone. Delicious!!!
Rate creamy vegetable soup
© 2012 Cynthia