Simple Rum Cake Recipe
The following recipe is an older one for making deliciously intoxicating rum cake. Although rum cakes were once quite popular they seemed to wain in mainstream popularity over the years. This is a great recipe if you want to switch things up from the usual drab chocolate cake desert,or impress your friends when throwing a party. :)
- 1 cup walnuts (or pecans), chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Wesson Oil
- 1/2 cup 80 proof rum
- Preheat Oven to 325°F
- Grease tube pan
- Sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan, pour batter
- Bake for 1 hour. Let cool
1. Melt 1/4 lb. of butter, and add into pan with 1/2 cup of cold water, and 1 cup of granulated sugar.
2. Boil mixture in the pan for 5 minutes making sure to stir constantly.
3. Remove pan from the hit and stir in the 1/2 cup of rum.
4. Pick top of cake with form and then pour the glaze on top
Some Personal Tricks and Tips!
This recipe produces a cake with quite a bit of icing. Don't worry, this is actually intended to be this way! But if you simply enjoy making cakes with a more modest level of icing I would recommend the following deviation from the recipe.
1. Prepare the rum glaze in advanced to baking your cake.
2. Let cake cool for 7-10 min at room temperature
3. Pour glaze on cake when still warm. (This allows the cake to absorb some of the glaze)
4. After allowing 2 min for the glaze to be partially absorbed, invert onto cake pan.
More by this Author
Easy, step by step guide on making beautiful beaded window curtains
As a man who has overcome "Moobs" personally; a man that has experienced the severe psychological and physical destruction that gynecomastia can cause. I would like to attempt to both enlighten the ignorant...