Recipe for Optional Seafood Pasta Salad
Summertime brings the cook out in me. My kids come for Sunday dinner each week, and they each have their own likes and dislikes, so I am an “optional” cook. Rarely do I use a recipe, and I love to use whatever is in the frig and in the cabinets.
I also make an Optional Cheese Ball and an Optional Veggie Salad (linked at bottom of this article). If you have checked into these recipes, you will see that I rarely measure with measuring spoons or cups. Instead, I measure by taste. After all, we each have our own distinct preferences.
Cook and Chill Time
What do you think of my Optional Seafood Pasta Salad?
Cuisinart Ceramic Knives for Chopping - My Favorite
Ingredients for Optional Seafood Pasta Salad
- Box or Bag Pasta, I like the multi-color multi-grain
- Package Shrimp Scampi
- Package Crab Meat
- To taste Black Olives, sliced
- To taste Green Olives, sliced
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Orange Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped
- Whole Sweet Onion, chopped
- 1/2 Bag Frozen Sweet Snap Peas
- 3-4 tablespoons or to taste Olive Oil Mayonnaise
- To taste Powdered Garlic
- To taste Garlic Salt
- To taste Italian Seasoning
- To taste Creole Seasoning
Instructions for Optional Seafood Pasta Salad
- Chop all vegetables. I love my Cuisinart Ceramic Knives for chopping. Remember, these ingredients are optional so you can add or delete any you choose.
- Boil pasta until cooked then drain - splash with oil and spring with seasonings.
- While pasta is boiling prepare frozen Shrimp Scampi by placing in skillet for 5 minutes or as directed on package. (You may choose frozen boiled shrimp - my family loves the garlic and butter flavor of Shrimp Scampi, though.)
- Spoon shrimp into cooked pasta
- Completely optional: With the hot Shrimp Scampi drippings in pan, sauté veggies for 2 - 3 minutes. (I usually do not sauté the olives, but you can do so and it will not make a difference.) OR - just add raw, chopped veggies.
- Fold in sauteed veggies (I do not drain the drippings) and olives to pasta mixture
- Add crab meat and frozen peas
- Add mayonnaise (or maybe you prefer Miracle Whip or a balsamic vinegar dressing) and seasonings until you are pleased with the taste
- Let set in the refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving. It is even better the next day if you want to make it the night before you plan to serve it.
Perhaps you like to do everything from scratch:
Go the Optional Way
As you can see, with this recipe you could go in many directions. If you like spicy, which some days I do, you could add a finely chopped jalapeno or spicy banana pepper.
I season to taste, and my family loves lots of garlic!
I love going the optional way because it can be different each time I create the salad.
The Optional Seafood Salad can feed a large group, or you can make it and eat it the next day or as leftovers. You can adjust your recipe to suit the number of people served.
More Optional Recipes by SHolland10
- Recipe for the Optional Veggie Cottage Cheese Salad
For a perfect side dish, the veggie cottage cheese salad is a delicious choice. Be ready to please every palette with this tasty dish. Summer time garden veggies are great for this salad dish.
- Easy Recipe for the Optional Cream Cheese Ball
If you need a cheese ball recipe that is easy and can please anyone's pallet, you have come to the right place. The Optional Cheese Ball is great for any occasion.
- How to Make Fresh Salsa
Learn how to can delicious, homemade salsa that can be used all year round. Step by step instructions that even include tips on how to handle the jalapeno peppers to keep them from burning your hands.
- Functions and Recipe for Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Functions of Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup provides a great recipe. The article also provides functions for your homemade chicken noodle soup - some practical, some humorous, some both.
More by this Author
The NuWave Pro Oven is great for someone who lives alone or for someone cooking a large meal for many. Its infrared convection cooking creates evenly cooked food every time. It is a wonderful addition to anyone's...
Chocolate Pecan Pie is a delicious dessert for any occasion. Who knew Karo Light Syrup with chocolate and pecans provides a delicious mixture? Baking it in your NuWave Oven Pro makes it the most anticipated,...
If you are a teacher, you have had to deal with a disruptive class. Here are tips for dealing with that disruptive class in order to calm the class and save your sanity.