Recipe for Soup: Minestrone Soup Recipe
How to Make Minestrone Soup
Minestrone is a pasta recipe that goes along with soups and salads. Pasta with soup goes together perfectly as they can add taste and texture to the recipe.
Minestrone is a classic Italian pasta soup recipe with plenty of protein. But there are so many more that are just wonderful to eat. Brown Lentil and Pasta Soup, Italian Chicken Soup, Fish Soup with Anellini and Genoese Soup are also filled with plenty of protein. Let us find out how to make Minestrone Pasta below.
The following ingredients serve 6 people and these include:
· 2 tbsp olive oil
· 55g\2 ox rindless pancetta or lean bacon, diced
· 2 sliced onions
· 2 garlic cloves chopped finely
· 225g\8 oz dried cannellini beans, soaked overnight in cold water to cover
· 400g\14 oz canned, chopped tomatoes
· 2 litres\64 fl oz beef stock
· 350g\12 oz diced potatoes
· 175g\6 dried pepe bucato, macaroni or other soup pasta shapes
· 175g\6 oz sliced green beans
· 115g\4 oz fresh or frozen peas
· 225g\8 oz shredded savoy cabbage
· 3 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
· Salt and pepper
· Fresh Parmesan cheese shavings to serve
How to Make Minestrone Soup
1) First of all, heat the olive oil in a large and heavy saucepan. Add pancetta, onions and garlic. Once adding this mixture, start cooking and stir a few times. This should last about twenty minutes.
2) Add carrots, celery and stir again for another 5 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
3) Drain the soaked beans and add them to the pan along with the canned tomato and its juices as well as the beef stock. Bring to the boil and reduce the heat and make sure it is covered well for 1 hour.
4) Add potatoes and cover the mixture once more. Cook for 15 minutes and add pasta, green beans, cabbage, peas and parsley all together and cook for another 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Season the pasta with salt and pepper and place the soup into one bowl for each person. Remember that the ingredients above serve 6 people. If you’re hoping to serve more, let us just say 12, you would need to double the amount you’re using for 6 people. Afterwards, serve with Parmesan cheese shavings.
You can read more pasta recipes on my profile. Or if you wish, you can read some through the links below this article. I am writing several pasta recipes for you so browse around for any of them. You might find it here. For more recipes, please visit my profile here on Hubpages.
For more reading, please check:
- How to Make a Cake
Making a simple sponge cake is the easiest of the lot. This is a great start to learning how to make a cake before getting into other varieties.
- How to Prevent Heart Disease
Heart disease is a major cause of death in todays generation. The lack of exercise, healthy eating and smoking are the main causes of developing heart disease. Let us read more about how you can prevent heart disease in yourself and your family.
- Health Benefits of Oranges
Never mind being the most favourite fruit in the world, oranges are very beneficial to a persons health in many ways. It contains plenty of rich vitamins and minerals that can help protect your body from various diseases and illnesses.
- Benefits of Milk
Milk contains many health benefits that are very useful for our health. These health benefits include preventing high blood pressure, cancer, tooth decay and many other health issues. Let us read more about the health benefits of milk below.
- Buy Lychee Trees
Nevertheless, none of us can benefit from Lychee if we dont know where we can find them. Although supermarkets and grocery stores may have Lychee once in a while throughout the year, it is better that you grow your own Lychee trees at home or in the
No comments yet.