Recipes: Cheats Aubergine pesto and tomato pasta salad
This is a recipe is from the article UK Lunch Box Ideas Under £1.50. Some of the recipes in that article require effort but this is very much a cheaters lunch, using ready prepared pesto.
If you are not a lover of aubergine then this could be easily swapped out for red or green pesto. I have included links to recipes for both pesto verde and pesto rosso at the bottom of the page.
- 1 jar of Sacla aubergine pesto
- 200g cherry tomato
- Olive oil
- 200g dried pasta
- Boil the pasta as per the packet instructions.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, chop the tomatoes in half and very lightly saute them in the olive oil. The should gain some colour and be a little soft but must not be allowed to become mushy.
- Drain the pasta and mix in the pesto.
- Mix in the tomatoes and allow to cool.
Pesto recipes on the web
- Red pesto Recipe | delicious. Magazine free recipes
This pesto recipe is made with tomatoes and chilli, which gives it a wonderful kick and vibrant colour.
- BBC - Food - Recipes : Pesto
An easy homemade versatile sauce that goes with pretty much anything.
Image credit to Nuttakit at www.freedigitalphotos.net.
More by this Author
The following are toppings for thin, English and crêpe style pancakes so you won't find any bacon or Maple Syrup here. Shrove Tuesday is the day before Ash Wednesday and marks the last day before Lent begins....
This recipe is from the article UK Lunch Box Ideas Under £1.50. It's a quick and easy sandwich filling, great for using up any left over chicken you may have. The recipe assumes you have breast but you can also...
The principles of double entry bookkeeping are not easy. It's simple to say that for every debit there is a credit and but when it comes to actually entering transactions into the accounts, it can become tricky to...
No comments yet.