Recipes: Chicken and sweetcorn mayonnaise
This recipe is from the article UK Lunch Box Ideas Under £1.50. It's a quick and easy sandwich filling, great for using up any left over chicken you may have. The recipe assumes you have breast but you can also use any part of the bird- whatever you can get or have left over is fine.
- Chicken- the equivalent of 1 breast
- 50g sweetcorn
- 1/2 a teaspoon of mustard
- Black pepper
- Shred the chicken. You hold the cold, cooked chicken down with one hand and tear the flesh with a fork. There's a video below of how to do this.
- Place the shredded chicken in a bowl with the sweetcorn and add mayonnaise, as much or as little as you would like.
- Add mustard and black pepper to your taste and then mix until the chicken and the sweetcorn is coated.
- Serve in sandwiches, wraps, bagels, pittas, etc.
Image credit to Suat Eman at www.freedigitalphotos.net
More by this Author
You've done it. You've finally booked your dream holiday to Australia/South Africa/India/insert-exotic-destination-of-choice, now you've just got to get there. Unfortunately plane travel is neither glamorous, nor even...
The following are toppings for thin, English and crêpe style pancakes so you won't find any bacon or Maple Syrup here. Shrove Tuesday is the day before Ash Wednesday and marks the last day before Lent begins....
The principles of double entry bookkeeping are not easy. It's simple to say that for every debit there is a credit and but when it comes to actually entering transactions into the accounts, it can become tricky to...