Bear N Mom Recipes - Cauliflower or Broccoli Cheese Soup made easy
Here is an easy cheesy treat the whole family will enjoy. Make it with cauliflower or broccoli. It doesn't make a difference. It's just good.
This soup becomes a Lenten meal when you add croutons to the finished soup or serve it on a Lenten Friday with a side of garlic bread.
Whenever you make this soup, it will become a favorite of the family and one that can be made without a lot of hassle.
- 1 qt - 1/2 gal. Milk
- 1 jar Cheese Whiz
- Califlower or Broccoli, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop a fresh head of cauliflower or broccoli into small bite size pieces. Place into soup pot with enough water to cover. Simmer until pieces are desired tenderness for eating. Use a colander to drain the remaining water from the vegetable.
- Add 1 qt. to 1/2 gallon of milk. Place on medium heat until milk coats spoon when tested. Return vegetables to pot and stir.
- Add enough cheese whiz to thicken slightly without becoming a paste. Cook on medium heat never boil this soup. Salt and Pepper to taste.
More by this Author
Old World Recipe for Croatian Nut Rolls as related to me by someone who baked these every Easter.
Sure signs that fall is coming and it's time to use the soup kettle or crock pot to make those home made soups.
Creamy based soup made with potato and shrimp.
No comments yet.