Bear N Mom Recipes - Lent - Tuna Noodle Casserole
Another family favorite in our house was Tuna Noodle Casserole. My oldest step-daughter brought this recipe home from a friend's house and made it many times.
I watched her make it and made it many times even though I don't like my tuna fish cooked. I prefer a tuna fish sandwich but the rest of the family loves it. It's so simple the recipe isn't really necessary if you know how to make noodles. The rest is a matter of layering the ingredients and cooking in a covered dish in the microwave.
My oldest son doesn't eat any peas or beans for that matter. I have to take a bowl of Chili out of the pot for him just before I add the kidney beans because of this. My point is that even though my son doesn't eat any beans, he eats this tuna noodle casserole without any adjustments.
- 1 lb. Egg Noodles
- 2 cans Light Tuna Fish, packed in water
- 2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 pkg. Frozen Peas
- Potato Chips, Crushed
- Boil the noodles until tender and then drain.
- Drain tuna fish.
- Layer in a casserole beginning with cream of mushroom soup, then the noodles, sprinkled with tuna and peas. Then crumble a light layer of potato chips
- Continue layering until all the ingredients are used. Then crumble a final layer of potato chips. Cover the casserole and bake in the microwave to 20 minutes.
- This recipe needs to be cooked in a covered microwave dish to keep the moisture in the ingredients.
Thinking out of the box here, let's consider using a can of lump crab meat instead of the tuna. Yum now I could go for that one.
Once Lent is over you can substitute, a cooked chicken breast cut into pieces instead of the tuna fish. This could lead to a whole new experience in flavors by just changing up the tuna for something else.
More by this Author
One of the favorite Italian soups is Wedding Soup. This recipe has been handed down in my husband's family.
Simple Easy Meatloaf with More Flavor and no Extras.
Sage Dressing recipe that my Mom made every Thanksgiving Eve to be stuffed into the Turkey.