Bear N Mom Recipes - Cookies - Santa's Whiskers
Back to the Christmas cookie recipes. Let's think about Santa for a minute and imagine his whiskers. This cookie is just a little different and although it is loaded with Christmas goodies the whole effect of this one is the coconut that sticks out of the cookie to give you the effect of whiskers.
Store these cookies in a cool place in an airtight container. Each row separated by wax paper.
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or rum flavoring
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup rec and green candy cherries, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- Cream butter and sugar
- Blend in milk and vanilla
- Stir in flour cherries and pecans
- Form dough into two 8" rolls
- Roll each log in coconut
- Wrap each log in wax paper and chill
- Cut logs into 1/4" slices and bake on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for about 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown
More by this Author
seasonal pumpkin cookies with orange flavored frosting
Italian Honey Cookie Recipe that was a family favorite
Devotion to St. Therese also known as the Little Flower.
No comments yet.