Bear N Mom Recipes - Sesame Chicken
I first tasted this chicken at a family graduation. I could not get over how much these baked chicken parts tasted like fried chicken with a really great zest to the breading. I'm also partial to the taste of sesame seeds so I promise that you will be surprised at how tasty and addicting these tempting pieces of poultry can be.
My sister-in-law and her mother are famous for trying new recipes and methods of preparing food. When her oldest son was graduating from high school, I stopped in the night before the party. she and her bother's wife and her mother were all around the table preparing this dish to be served to over a hundred people the next day.
I was amazed because they were using mayonnaise to bread the pieces. Surprising is the fact that the chicken had a totally different taste with the addition of the mayonnaise instead of the usual egg and milk mixture.
This recipe goes really well warm from the oven but can be used at picnics and eaten cold. The flavor loses nothing by being refrigerated.
- 2-3 lbs. Chicken parts
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise, not salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Minced Onion
- 1/2 cup Dried Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds
- Clean and skin chicken parts.
- In a medium bowl mix the mayonnaise, dry mustard and minced onion.
- In another medium bowl mix the bread crumbs and sesame seeds.
- Coat the chicken parts with the mayonnaise mix and then the bread crumbs
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 425° about 12 minutes.
More by this Author
The art of making these tiny pasta rings filled with ricotta.
Recipe for Chicken or Turkey Coquettes served in a White Sauce made with peas.
Devotion to St. Therese also known as the Little Flower.
No comments yet.