Bear N Mom Recipes - Salad Shrimp Dip or Spread
Everyone loves a party and party foods. You can't go wrong with the blend that makes up this spread for your party table.
This spread goes well on any crackers but you can prepare canapes ahead of the party by putting a daub onto the new topper crackers. You can also serve this in the middle of your vegetable tray to be used with celery.
- 1 pkg. Unflavored Gelatin
- 1 can Tomato Soup
- 1 pkg. Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cup Celery, diced small
- 3/4 cup Onions, diced small
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise, not salad dressing
- 1 lb. Salad Shrimp
- Combine gelatin and tomato soup and bring to a boil in a small pan.
- Pour the cooked tomato mixture over the cream cheese. Blend until smooth.
- Chill mixture for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Bring mixture from refrigerator and add celery, onion, mayonnaise. Blend together.
- Rinse Shrimp and drain well. Pat to dry in paper towels. Add shrimp to mixture and blend together.
Alternatives and Advice
Another great taste would be to substitute shredded crab meat to this recipe instead of the salad shrimp. There are so many great tastes that you could use in this recipe. Chives would be another way to go instead of the chopped onions which tend to overpower the flavor.
This shrimp dip is easy to make but I have one word of advice, Buy the shrimp early and keep it in the freezer. It seems that every time I need shrimp for this recipe they are out of it at the holidays and I am forced to buy the bigger shrimp and chop them up. This year the seafood personnel put it aside for me because I needed two pounds and they only had one pound in the freezer.
I normally put my shrimp down into the refrigerator two days before I plan on making this recipe. That way it is almost thawed and you only have to rinse it and pat it dry to use.
More by this Author
Fresh Zucchini, battered and baked for ultimate caloric reduction. Mouth watering bites that surpass other recipes for frying zucchini.
Mushroom stuffed with crab meat. Can also be used for regular bread stuffing.
Old World Recipe for Croatian Nut Rolls as related to me by someone who baked these every Easter.
No comments yet.